the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apart from the needless deaths and trauma, what really sucks is all the 'ammo' idiotic dickheads ignoring basic hunting/firearms rules are giving the activists hell-bent on running recreational shooters out of the bush and into gun clubs/ranges only. At the rate brain-dead fother muckers are 'accidentally' shooting people in NZ, all rec' shooters will be de-knackered or swamped under a tsunami of knee-jerk reactionary regulations.

Guns aren't killing and maiming hunters in the bush. Phuckwits with guns are, and they are going to ruin it for everyone else who is competent and takes their responsibilities seriously.

Gotta wear blaze orange over there?

Gotta wear blaze orange over there?
Don't think so. Recommended to wear contrasting/ high viz clothing (seems a certain blue is best in most but not all NZ conditions, then orange next best), noting the fact different clothing for different conditions/time of day, even contrasting/ high viz on whatever game you have shot and are packing out. But bottom line and one which is law, is that it is the responsibility of shooter to 100% ID target, always, regardless of what other hunters may or may not be wearing.

They researched 33 deer hunting deaths and here's the typical death scenario:

In a typical hunting incident where one deer hunter shoots another, both the deceased and the
shooter will be men, aged in their mid twenties to mid forties. They are likely to be hunting
companions, or have met each other at the forest hut prior to the incident. They will have discussed
hunting areas and procedures.
They will be wearing a range of colours of clothing, including browns, whites, greens and green
camo, and perhaps high vis orange. They may have hunted together many times. They will have
had some experience hunting deer and other big game, but neither is likely to belong to a shooting
club or have any formal hunter training. It is likely they will both have a heightened level of
expectancy of coming across a deer, either because they saw or shot one in that same location
some time previously, or they have seen one immediately prior to the incident.
One is likely to enter the firing area of another, perhaps by leaving the area they agreed to hunt
in, or perhaps moving forward of their hunting companion if they are hunting together. They may
have lost sight of each other for a few minutes. One might fire into the designated hunting area
of another, or in the direction they know the other to be.
Their eye will be attracted by movement, colour, shape or sound, or a combination of these. The
shooter is likely to identify the target as being a part (perhaps a small part) of a deer through the
restricted vision of a scope. No one contributing factor will stand alone; these behaviours culminating
in the firing of a shot that is most likely to hit the deceased in the body, sometimes in the head.

They researched 33 deer hunting deaths and here's the typical death scenario:

In a typical hunting incident where one deer hunter shoots another, both the deceased and the
shooter will be men, aged in their mid twenties to mid forties. They are likely to be hunting
companions, or have met each other at the forest hut prior to the incident. They will have discussed
hunting areas and procedures.
They will be wearing a range of colours of clothing, including browns, whites, greens and green
camo, and perhaps high vis orange. They may have hunted together many times. They will have
had some experience hunting deer and other big game, but neither is likely to belong to a shooting
club or have any formal hunter training. It is likely they will both have a heightened level of
expectancy of coming across a deer, either because they saw or shot one in that same location
some time previously, or they have seen one immediately prior to the incident.
One is likely to enter the firing area of another, perhaps by leaving the area they agreed to hunt
in, or perhaps moving forward of their hunting companion if they are hunting together. They may
have lost sight of each other for a few minutes. One might fire into the designated hunting area
of another, or in the direction they know the other to be.
Their eye will be attracted by movement, colour, shape or sound, or a combination of these. The
shooter is likely to identify the target as being a part (perhaps a small part) of a deer through the
restricted vision of a scope. No one contributing factor will stand alone; these behaviours culminating
in the firing of a shot that is most likely to hit the deceased in the body, sometimes in the head.
thats not choice eh bro.
thankgst

Pretty thick scrub there hunting in too I guess not unlike parts of vic. There was one shot a couple of years ago here and all the antis and greens jumped up and down with glee on social media was disgusting

Has anyone ever used Coopex insecticide? (Class 3A made by Bayer)

I'm trying to knock the mossies on the head before they become a problem and she brought that home to spray on surfaces around our patio/undercover spa area and garden...

I have a small fountain in the area also with stagnant water in it and thought I'd put a few ml of diesel in it to kill the larvae. Any better ideas? I have 2 dogs so have to be careful of that and also heaps of herbs growing in pots around the area which I need to move if using Coopex.

Bet I could hand file that chain more betterer than factory fresh.

Chippy, mate got back to me on the stihl chain, to say he's been away for ages and will get a price together shortly. Keep ya posted.

What's the best way to delimb small wood please fellas?
Have many hundreds of m3 of thin trunks to get the 2-4" branches off of. Must be a better way than 20" on the 241.

Top handle perhaps, but could be a heap of bending over.

Maybe should try to adapt an even longer bar on the 241?

Any ideas appreciated. *edit* that don't involve me drooling over delimbers I can't afford.

Cheers.

017 cheap to buy blast away till it or your arms lock up i found one in truck today that we had but forgot about its gonna get work out tomoz

do you have to clean up the off cuts after or just cut leave that will burn you as well less you design works to save effort time

017 cheap to buy blast away till it or your arms lock up i found one in truck today that we had but forgot about its gonna get work out tomoz

do you have to clean up the off cuts after or just cut leave that will burn you as well less you design works to save effort time
Thanks for the suggestion. It's .6kg lighter than the 241 by the looks of it. Thought it would be much lighter. I guess every 100gms counts when weaklings like me are using it all day every day though.

Fortunately, no obligations on the slash. At this stage am thinking it will end up over or to one side of, the landing.

*edit* Just went looking online and found a 211 that looks to have had very little use that's only $450. Still no lighter than my 241 but thought that was a darn good price.

Ozito or a150t if you want light
Thanks. Worth thinking about. Just not sure if should just settle for a longer bar on the 241 and avoid bending over so much - that might make more of a difference than the weight. Just don't know at this stage.

What's new buggered if I know but I can tell ya what's old and that be the 661!...Meh found the weak link in em and that's the clutch! 25in bar RS .404 in AU hardwood Steel Box the chain completely stops and the powerhead maintains max revs!..I don't know who Stihl gets to test new saws in AU but they must be cutting soft woods like River Red Gum :crazy:... I don't recall ever running a 066/660 and it slipping a clutch or any saw for that matter?, I actually pulled it down expecting a smoked clutch but nothing looks new its like the clutch weights are too light?and no I don't mean its bogging I mean slipping like it don't even have a clutch! have been feathering it like a baby for bout a month is not a one off thing its here to stay it seems, man sure feels good to pick up a 660 with its 24/7 get to work no backing down grunt! ... And there is nowhere near as much in the AV as the hippies make out you still have a a very strong connection with the power head just like the old rubber AV which I like personally ....And how's the 661 flooding? you know the search out the closest person in your vicinity to hold the trigger flat while you pull it over! is the only thing that seems to work it fires in one or two pulls when it does that crap....
But yeah should be a good saw as good as a 660/066 when they get it sorted!......
All just IMHO of course :cheers:........

Back