the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's new buggered if I know but I can tell ya what's old and that be the 661!...Meh found the weak link in em and that's the clutch! 25in bar RS .404 in AU hardwood Steel Box the chain completely stops and the powerhead maintains max revs!..I don't know who Stihl gets to test new saws in AU but they must be cutting soft woods like River Red Gum :crazy:... I don't recall ever running a 066/660 and it slipping a clutch or any saw for that matter?, I actually pulled it down expecting a smoked clutch but nothing looks new its like the clutch weights are too light?and no I don't mean its bogging I mean slipping like it don't even have a clutch! have been feathering it like a baby for bout a month is not a one off thing its here to stay it seems, man sure feels good to pick up a 660 with its 24/7 get to work no backing down grunt! ... And there is nowhere near as much in the AV as the hippies make out you still have a a very strong connection with the power head just like the old rubber AV which I like personally ....And how's the 661 flooding? you know the search out the closest person in your vicinity to hold the trigger flat while you pull it over! is the only thing that seems to work it fires in one or two pulls when it does that crap....
But yeah should be a good saw as good as a 660/066 when they get it sorted!......
All just IMHO of course :cheers:........
Fairly sure it shares the same part numbers for the clutch as the 660 when I looked when they first came out. I'll fire up the lap top and have a look

Had hoped for a tougher test of the ABs this morning. Seems we won't get a hard game until against SA next week. Not an ideal plan. Contrast that with Wallabies route thus far - if they hold together and make the final, they'll have plenty of hard games to galvanise the team, we'll only have one against SA (if we beat them). Kinda worried the ABs are at least one hard game shy of where they should be at this stage. They might get knocked over against SA - especially up front and at breakdown.

Good luck tomorrow, Wallabies. Your loosies are the best in the world cup thus far, me thinks.

A nice poem..... Sums it up nicely!View attachment 454186

last nite 3am unexpected my 17yold son came home last nite with 2 mates thankfully i sleep right through, the friggin dawgs dint even know

I'd like to legal have foam mace baton and cow prod stunner by bed maybe not anything more lethal......the 303 bayonet fills the gap.

Fairly sure it shares the same part numbers for the clutch as the 660 when I looked when they first came out. I'll fire up the lap top and have a look
Ok I will have a look and try a 660 clutch in it. I don't why its slipping it seems fine in softer wood like white mahogany /blackbutt but in Steel box/Grey gum /Ironbark you have to baby it or the chain will stop and the clutch slips that bad the saw still holds max revs? 3/8 chain might help but bugger that all our old 660's pull .404 fine bets me I've never had a saw do this..When I get time I will make a vid of it doing this.

Thanks Bennie, be interesting to know as it put my down the track plan for a 661 with 404 on hold in the meantime.

Trees die – that’s a fact of life. But is the death of an entire iconic landscape of Eucalyptus in the Cooma-Monaro region of New South Wales natural?

For over a decade, large stands of Eucalyptus viminalis, commonly known as Ribbon Gum or Manna Gum, have been gradually declining in health, and now stand like skeletons in huge tree graveyards.

http://theconversation.com/death-of...ands of trees dropped dead in New South Wales

Trees die – that’s a fact of life. But is the death of an entire iconic landscape of Eucalyptus in the Cooma-Monaro region of New South Wales natural?

For over a decade, large stands of Eucalyptus viminalis, commonly known as Ribbon Gum or Manna Gum, have been gradually declining in health, and now stand like skeletons in huge tree graveyards.

http://theconversation.com/death-of-a-landscape-why-have-thousands-of-trees-dropped-dead-in-new-south-wales-48657?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=The+Weekend+Conversation+-+3648&utm_content=The+Weekend+Conversation+-+3648+CID_097880b8b6e0ecfbf3e4d0de28e95d1a&utm_source=campaign_monitor&utm_term=Death of a landscape why have thousands of trees dropped dead in New South Wales
Nasty microbes are having a serious crack at killing off our native Kauri here:

http://www.kauridieback.co.nz/kauri-dieback

Ok I will have a look and try a 660 clutch in it. I don't why its slipping it seems fine in softer wood like white mahogany /blackbutt but in Steel box/Grey gum /Ironbark you have to baby it or the chain will stop and the clutch slips that bad the saw still holds max revs? 3/8 chain might help but bugger that all our old 660's pull .404 fine bets me I've never had a saw do this..When I get time I will make a vid of it doing this.
I have pretty much only ran .404 on mine since I got it. Running 25 and 36" bars on it. Cutting mainly red gum and can't fault it so far. First time I ran it was up at matts 36" .404 semi in those sugar gums he dropped
092338e876f44af75dc50ffd6ee6ce12.jpg

9d7d0965e4e4ced5fa227252fe6e4166.jpg

Back