the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That a stihl number? Is that the two crank bearings or the bigend? I have a couple of cranks here but big ends are rooted
yeah they are the crank bearings.. husqvarna doesnt list the big end as its deemed a non serviceable item. crank come one piece with rod. not sure you could press them apart as to get them back together the ends would need to be perfectly aligned. GL

Saws done rob
e6c1d05645d6ec4df198cf0816e5e1d1_zpsp24s06sz.jpg

the chippster could do it

No more double roller bearing with splined stub axles....

Just noticed the Westwood ride on front wheel bearings need doing....both wheels are about to fall off....they have grease nipples poking out...maybe if I just pack em with grease they'll last another 25 years without having to touch them.

Lol'ed at a mechanic today. Took a Colorado in for a service and mentioned that it was using oil and have topped it up 3 times since last service. Mechanic says he himself checked the oil when it arrived and it was full so it is not using oil...

In other exciting news, the holden engineers figured out that if they put a longer dipstick in the oil use issue will be a thing of the past. Lets hope so but time will tell.

Lol'ed at a mechanic today. Took a Colorado in for a service and mentioned that it was using oil and have topped it up 3 times since last service. Mechanic says he himself checked the oil when it arrived and it was full so it is not using oil...

In other exciting news, the holden engineers figured out that if they put a longer dipstick in the oil use issue will be a thing of the past. Lets hope so but time will tell.

How do you argue with that........

On a simular note, my Triton 4x4 has had issues lately regarding excessive black smoke.
Our mechanic mate had it for a full day checking everything, removed intake manifold , catlic converter and EGR ect and run through and cleaned, changed or cleaned the sensors and so on till all the cheaper possibilities were exhausted. The turbo spooled up 42 pound boost (15 is normal) very high fuel pressure and an engine developing a lot of power, way too much.
Took to our local dealership where I bought it new, another day checking everything over coming to same conclusion, needs new injectors and pump overhaul at least.
Service manager suggested contacting my insurer as he thought contaminated fuel was the cause over a period of time and asked where I fuel up, told him and he said he has had several cases of simular just out of warranty injector issues that are expensive to repair.

Story short, after discussing with my insurer and 2 weeks 2 and fro ing, the quote for repair was approved, so a lesson learned regarding what parts on these newer vehicles are covered by damage as a result of someone else.
This kind of repair including labour and parts almost touched 10 K after our mechanic dropped his request for a new turbo which was another $2400 or something.

It now has a new set of injectors, the old 3 were way beyond survivable and 1 was not quiet as bad, ute became hard to start and blew a lot of black smoke but went like a scalded cat (mechanic said not for long), pump has to be overhauled now and should be good after that.
162 000 km on the clock and almost 4 years old.

Great news re the insurance cover Neil. It's great to hear someone has had a win when it comes to insurance companies.

Did they test the fuel or know what was wrong with it?

Back