the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice da Hooters, much more modern than my old gear, a 2hp 240v, belt drive No.32 mincer and 8" water powered (now air) filler.

Give us the low down specs mate - meat/fat/seasoning ?

Always link into 2's ?

Look very, very nice - do not leave the shed unattended and lit, 460 & others will be drawn "Mothlike" to any light there..:D

Just having a slice of Kransky on biscuit with home grown tomato and pickled bean, Hmmmmm with Tooheys Old - :popcorn2:

The gear in the photos belongs to a mate although I'm starting to get my own stuff together.
Pretty simple really, take 10kgs of venison add 1.25 kg's of pork fat (roughly 10%), add your chosen sausage meal mix (1.25kgs - in these photos it was a bratwurst mix) and mix, then add 2.5kgs of chilled water.
The instructions call for the entire mixture to be minced again at this stage but we've never bothered.
Then take your mixture and stuff your sausage skins. Use natural rather than synthetic.

If your keen you can fry up a small patty of the mixture to test the flavours although the premixes are generally good as long as you match the right meat to the mix.

One thing to keep in mind (and this depends on the mixture and who makes it) is that freezing of the sausages can have an effect on the flavours whereby what you tested at the making point was great but when defrosted the flavours have 'over developed'.
There was one mix we sourced from a local butcher that was bangen when we tested it fresh but when defrosted later on the aniseed flavour had taken it too far. You could still eat them but only a couple at a time before your mouth wanted to kill you.

The Butcher Online has a very good selection of premixed meals.

Rob

A while back you guys were talking diesel prices.
I've just got back from about 9 hrs of driving and there was a 20 cent spread on the prices, from 75.9 to 95.9c/l for diesel here, so I guess the cheapest works out to about AU$70.5 c/l.

But you don't pay tax at the pump for diesel
Yeah, we have road user charges on diesel vehicles. Not sure what they would equate to per L given they are charged per KM. Don't own a diesel car, yet, but glad I'm not paying diesel tax at the pump for my tractor or having to shag around getting it back at the end of each tax year.

There was some talk here about all road-going vehicles being pinged on road user charges rather than taxes. The justification being cars are more fuel efficient and the tax take less as a result, and with electric cars they need to ping those with a tax now they are using the road without paying petrol tax at the pump. the way the economy is going, they might as well include push bikes in the discussion.

Yeah, we have road user charges on diesel vehicles. Not sure what they would equate to per L given they are charged per KM. Don't own a diesel car, yet, but glad I'm not paying diesel tax at the pump for my tractor or having to shag around getting it back at the end of each tax year.

There was some talk here about all road-going vehicles being pinged on road user charges rather than taxes. The justification being cars are more fuel efficient and the tax take less as a result, and with electric cars they need to ping those with a tax now they are using the road without paying petrol tax at the pump. the way the economy is going, they might as well include push bikes in the discussion.
I'd be fitting a 500ltr tank to that tractor of yours and buying a diesel car.

I'd be fitting a 500ltr tank to that tractor of yours and buying a diesel car.
Because the road user charge is done per k's travelled (or bought in advance), if winding back the odometer (on older cars, not sure how it would be done on newer ones), people will eventually get caught.

If they put the tax on diesel at the pump, there's more incentive to claim the purchase was for boating/ag/non-road use and claim the tax back at year end. That's what happens with petrol bought for farm use in quads, etc - they claim the tax they paid at the pump back at the end of the year.

I don't think it will be too much longer before the govt starts an overhaul of the tax regime. All these charges and taxes and exemptions and suchlike are just an arse to administer. They just need to have a single tax on income, and a single tax on consumption (GST - no exemptions) and drop all other charges, but with far greater rules and transparency around how all the money in the consolidated tax fund gets spent.

There's a big push just starting to do away with cash. Govt has far more control over the minions and the black market that avoids taxes. Can't say I trust the govt enough to feel comfortable with that.

How many L/100km would an average diesel ute use? Manufacturers have ratings but not sure how accurate they are in real world. Should be easy enough to work out the cost per L, including the road user charges, if I knew what an average diesel ute consumes.

How many L/100km would an average diesel ute use? Manufacturers have ratings but not sure how accurate they are in real world. Should be easy enough to work out the cost per L, including the road user charges, if I knew what an average diesel ute consumes.

My Toyota landcruiser 100series turbo diesel used about 10 to 11ltrs/100km from new.

I then modified it with bull bar, snorkel, winch, roof rack, rear bar and wheelcarrier, 2" lift and a bit of othe stuff that doesnt really affect fuel economy. This gives me about12 to 13ltrs/100km. When i stick my muddies on which are 2 inches larger measured as diameter it drops to about 14ltrs/100km.

Mines the GXL wagon and you will get better economy from the ute as the engine produces less torque and power, maybe 15% improvement.

I drive economically and am not a lead foot but I don't mind doing 110km....don't use the cruise control in hills but drive to the conditions.

923b559ecf4565a0f098c984e527876b.jpg

Picked up a couple of 076s pulled apart in a box the other day. Nearly all there, one in good nick, one not so good. Should be able to get a decent saw and a few spares though. Hoping to build a reliable saw to mill some slabs down the farm. Only trouble is, both pistons and cylinders are buggered so if anyone has any decent used ones they would like to sell or knows of a decent aftermarket kit I'd be grateful. [emoji4]

Latest posts

Back