the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The camper trailer can wear thin P92, ours has gone unused for 15 months, SWMBO isn't keen at all, wants a van. What did you buy mate, dear things from
what I see online. 12Ft is still small enough to get some places and not be to restricted as to where you want to go.

The downhill racer did well to release brakes to straighten it up & miss the uphill bound unit, lady did better to run like Kathy Freeman
and get the hell out of it.

The big priority was to get someone up the hill 300/400 metres to slow traffic.

Trees across roads are in the hundreds every week, pretty much any day on Emergency Vic site a heap of trees across roads
reports are listed there. Road maintenance seems geared to reactive ie after tree falls/gets reported/ or a crash, must be to $$ to do the proactive and remove the sh*t trees before it happens.

The camper trailer can wear thin P92, ours has gone unused for 15 months, SWMBO isn't keen at all, wants a van. What did you buy mate, dear things from
what I see online. 12Ft is still small enough to get some places and not be to restricted as to where you want to go.

The downhill racer did well to release brakes to straighten it up & miss the uphill bound unit, lady did better to run like Kathy Freeman

Trees across roads are in the hundreds every week, pretty much any day on Emergency Vic site a heap of trees across roads
reports are listed there. Road maintenance seems geared to reactive ie after tree falls/gets reported/ or a crash, must be to $$ to do the proactive and remove the sh*t trees before it happens.
we ended up buying a MILLARD series 2000, 12'6, with rego and gas. camper was good but not for that many days, vans going to be great, like you said

The bloke in the uphill truck did not think when he stopped where he did. He stopped in a convenient spot to chat with the woman in the car. He realised this afterwards but nobody probably would have been able to foresee what happened.

The bloke in the downhill truck did all he could and did bloody well. The woman ran like hell when she saw the truck and jumped into black berry bushes well off the road. That saved her life no doubt.

I imagine if anything was said on the radio after "are you there Dave?" it wouldn't have been too complimentary....

we ended up buying a MILLARD series 2000, 12'6, with rego and gas. camper was good but not for that many days, vans going to be great, like you said

I've had a few people ask me about the camper trailer, we have a good setup i built myself with a commercial tent on top. I have always been honest and pointed out that they aren't for everyone.

We have two teenagers(now) and have used it for five or six years three or four times a year after an initial investment of $5000.

You can live in it for three weeks(we did on the mainland whilst parked at Lane Cove) but a caravan would be more comfortable. The main thing is it is way more comfortable than a tent alone but you still have some setup each time. We have camped inthe middle of winter quite okay.

Good but definately not for everyone.

Good luck keeping this section of road safe then.

Vid. is pretty poor but looks like a fire has been through that bush, anything that could reach the road should have been felled, given the squashed
worms, beetles and moths though, it wasn't done.

Just depends on the regulatory body, some are properly logged and made safe ASAP after fires, other just aren't because it's not the done thing ie Nat Parks.

The bloke in the uphill truck did not think when he stopped where he did. He stopped in a convenient spot to chat with the woman in the car. He realised this afterwards but nobody probably would have been able to foresee what happened.

The bloke in the downhill truck did all he could and did bloody well. The woman ran like hell when she saw the truck and jumped into black berry bushes well off the road. That saved her life no doubt.

I imagine if anything was said on the radio after "are you there Dave?" it wouldn't have been too complimentary....

Have to disagree chippy, just a different opinion of course, uphill bound truckie could have easily foreseen this happening, pretty basic
Defensive Driving situation to be honest.

Should have reversed back from the tree, then got off his ar*se and got up the road to warn the next downhill car/truck, gotta have the
frame of mind to see that at the time though.

Downhill truck was travelling way to fast given it was a L/H bend, he couldn't see far round the bend, and being downhill he would know it would
take him extra distance to pull up in an emergency. Once he was confronted with the scenario he got out of it as good as he could.

"Are you there Dave"..........uphill bloke knew the downhill driver, did he give an urgent call over ch40 - prior to the d/hill truck arriving ?

Its what happens all the time, better roadside maintenance and driving skills could reduce it considerably.

JMO :innocent:

Have to disagree chippy, just a different opinion of course, uphill bound truckie could have easily foreseen this happening, pretty basic
Defensive Driving situation to be honest.

Should have reversed back from the tree, then got off his ar*se and got up the road to warn the next downhill car/truck, gotta have the
frame of mind to see that at the time though.

Downhill truck was travelling way to fast given it was a L/H bend, he couldn't see far round the bend, and being downhill he would know it would
take him extra distance to pull up in an emergency. Once he was confronted with the scenario he got out of it as good as he could.

"Are you there Dave"..........uphill bloke knew the downhill driver, did he give an urgent call over ch40 - prior to the d/hill truck arriving ?

Its what happens all the time, better roadside maintenance and driving skills could reduce it considerably.

JMO :innocent:

Well the whole thing could have been avoided if people drive to the conditions I suppose, but people rarely do and it's not often that people travel around blind turns at a speed that they can safely stop if there is a white elephant in the middle of the road, or a tree down, but we should.

I'm seeing pink elephants chippy, should I stop drinking this bottle of red ? LOL :D

My new bumper stickers - "If you can read this, I can slam on my brakes and sue you!"
OR
"Driver carries no valuables, just $20 of ammunition."

any one done the rear transfer seal on an 80 series diesel before, bloody oil leak after my trip
That sucks
Peter

nope & sos about that and today i recon i stuffed or worn out me 80 Series rd Gear syncro cogg as down shifting above 40 kph it goes crunch

oh with that we dropped the idea of trip up/down Dargo and as well we enjoyed our day away with mates at Yackandandah and Kancoona and then had to head home as told a dawg had seizure,,, get home she fine tho suspect on her ways out some time.

nope & sos about that and today i recon i stuffed or worn out me 80 Series rd Gear syncro cogg as down shifting above 40 kph it goes crunch

oh with that we dropped the idea of trip up/down Dargo and as well we enjoyed our day away with mates at Yackandandah and Kancoona and then had to head home as told a dawg had seizure,,, get home she fine tho suspect on her ways out some time.

Sorry to hear about your dog.

I've always had dogs and luckily only had 2 farked up ones, the rest have been great and it's always knocked me over when I lose one.

Currently got a female staffy, the talker, and a German short-haired pointer, he's very dodgy and will attack most things that come through the front gate if i've let him into the front yard, so I watch him very closely, I rescued him from a suburban backyard and he has never fully recovered.

that really sucks, another gearbox rebuild coming up i recon

Latest posts

Back