the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where was this? Totally not on in state Forrest sighting in/practice target shooting is prohibited

It was probably on what is considered a leasehold.....crown land but leased and managed by APM but it abutts state forest. He was on the dividing track between them which is a clearing of about 60-80mtrs wide which I'm pretty sure would be considered a private holding. The fella was from Sale and he was quite reasonable when I approached him and had a chat. I think he realized (shat himself) he could have shot me by accident when I appeared very fast from the side at his 500mtr target. It's the APM lease in the Briagolong State Forest. They also have a quarry in that forest for mining and crushing rock to maintain the roads they use. Might retrieve some large rocks and build myself a stone cottage soon.

I don't think location such a big factor. Timber yard gets stuff from Brisbane at least and that would just be wholesaler yard. I'm guessing it could have come from anywhere. Got the first coat of oil on. Of course I didn't like the off shelf colours so blended my own.

Thanks postie, pls bear with me a little longer, being a keen fence post cutter in the day this competition stuff is quite interesting -

Does the chalk "trace" have to be each end of the post, or just the end you inserted the wedge from.

Do you rip a bit deeper between each end with the forethought they will comply but bust out better & retain chalk at the ends after wedging.

I'm guessing you draw for the log at the start of ea. race and they are pre marked by officials.

I reckon the ticker might be working pretty hard at the end alright, once again well done in what would be a very competitive mob
of blokes who are all "going for it" bigtime. :clap:

Thanks postie, pls bear with me a little longer, being a keen fence post cutter in the day this competition stuff is quite interesting -

Does the chalk "trace" have to be each end of the post, or just the end you inserted the wedge from.

Do you rip a bit deeper between each end with the forethought they will comply but bust out better & retain chalk at the ends after wedging.

I'm guessing you draw for the log at the start of ea. race and they are pre marked by officials.

I reckon the ticker might be working pretty hard at the end alright, once again well done in what would be a very competitive mob
of blokes who are all "going for it" bigtime. :clap:
No, we are only required to chalk the wedged end 4 judging purposes.
As long as you lift the required depth (chalk on post) , the post can run out into nothing at far end, and is deemed a legal post.
Billets are drawn 4 each event.... Making it luck of the draw a little, for the end result.
The judges will usually measure your chalked ring line, to ensure correct depth is adhered 2.
It's upto the individual how deep you rip, the experienced guys that can read the timber, are good at knowing when they can rip shallow, or the need to go deep 2 facilitate easier extraction.
And hahaha just noticed the crack about "huskies"
They go ok I guess :)

Thanks postie, I can see it would be a good pastime for you, "huskies" well yes, you certainly
get 'em going !

ok guys, who would like to help if needed
this is friends of mine
"the reason i asked is friends of ours have a 5th wheeler and he got taken to griffith NSW hospital with a stroke , and his partner may need help with some one to drive the 5th wheeler into a caravan park once she gets to griffith, she cant drive it through towns, its too big for her
She is still in Hillston NSW in a caravan park
Anyone one can help, please let me know
Peter

this is friends of mine
"the reason i asked is friends of ours have a 5th wheeler and he got taken to griffith NSW hospital with a stroke , and his partner may need help with some one to drive the 5th wheeler into a caravan park once she gets to griffith, she cant drive it through towns, its too big for her
Peter

If I was within cooee of Hillston I'd be on it Peter, well done to see who is about though, luck with this !

Don't worry about the burl K'bro, what about the escape track and metres/sec you made.......well done and a good job with some challenges no doubt.

Tell us the story of the stump :)

Yes, pulling your leg but never stop learning either.

this is friends of mine
Peter

let us know how she gets on

A nice frosty, but productive morning.
I was asked to fell & dock a rather large stringy, that was supposedly blocking the signal to their satellite dish.

Now those of you that know me well, know that I don't class myself as a Faller at all, but I can put them on the deck safely when the need arises.
The guy asked me 2 square the stump & log, so the grand daughters wouldn't stake themselves..... Photos were an afterthought midway through.image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

Don't worry about the burl K'bro, what about the escape track and metres/sec you made.......well done and a good job with some challenges no doubt.

Tell us the story of the stump :)

Yes, pulling your leg but never stop learning either.
hell yeah, this unfit knuckle dragger can still haul ass when need arises. On that slope, could only find one way out, to the left on pics, but the two other trees were tangled with the larger one so I dropped them together. Really astounded how strong the saligna fibres are. They hold and won't yield easily but when they give up, it's sudden. There was only about 2" of hinge holding a 45m, bloody heavy and leaning tree before it gave up.

These trees are bigger and terrain steeper than my skill set or gear should be tackling, but it sure is fun, in a **** my pants kinda way.
can see the 32/6" tsumura light but what is on the end ??
32" and dolmar 7900. Really need something bigger but oxymoron stole my husky 2100 and so far has shown no remorse:laughing:

Does anyone know if fastigata can be cca treated please? Some biggish barrels in this stand I want to mill for cattle yard lumber and barn poles.

hell yeah, this unfit knuckle dragger can still haul ass when need arises. On that slope, could only find one way out, to the left on pics, but the two other trees were tangled with the larger one so I dropped them together. Really astounded how strong the saligna fibres are. They hold and won't yield easily but when they give up, it's sudden. There was only about 2" of hinge holding a 45m, bloody heavy and leaning tree before it gave up.

These trees are bigger and terrain steeper than my skill set or gear should be tackling, but it sure is fun, in a **** my pants kinda way.
32" and dolmar 7900. Really need something bigger but oxymoron stole my husky 2100 and so far has shown no remorse:laughing:

Its just about time to press it in to service again for this years firewood

Latest posts

Back