the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6855b996793fd1cec194a099f0287c9e.jpg

Anyone know where the forest king bars GB are selling out of are made?
Also, can anyone confirm if the Oregon powermatch noses will fit those bars? They look to be the same noses but I have yet to have a 100% confirmation.

Also, can anyone confirm if the Oregon powermatch noses will fit those bars? They look to be the same noses but I have yet to have a 100% confirmation.
Not sure where they're made, but Oregon powermatch noses do fit! :)

cant help you much, but thanks bennnie:numberone: i got one and some other bars. i got the 30" 404 husky mount.

Not sure where they're made, but Oregon powermatch noses do fit! :)
Cheers. Just heard back from GB on this. They are Oz made and use the same rail hardening as the pro tops, only with the oregon nose shape. GB wanted to try them out but the market doesn't prefer them over the regular pro tops noses, so GB are going back to pro tops. I guess that's called a lesson learned - don't try to fix that which aint broke. Good to know the powermatch noses will fit because I might swap one of those .404 noses to 3/8.

On a different note, I have spent two days trying to get straight answers from a USA ebay seller of cannon supermini bars. They (or is it me?) seem confused about the stihl picco chain and corresponding cannon supermini bar codes, and it has done my head in. They will not explicitly confirm the PS chain they sell is stihl picco 63PS and that it will fit the bars they use in the PS combo deals. In fact, they went as far as to say that everyone gets the nomenclature wrong because people are calling it low pro when they shouldn't. This, even though they have auctions for 63PS rolls of chain they only call 3/8 in the description yet Stihl officially calls it picco low pro, what most of us know as 3/8LP or picco.

The to and fro of emails got so bad I asked for them to email back an exact link to their auction of a cannon supermini, c1 mount bar that will run stihl's 63ps picco chain and they simply told me to search for it.

I'm done with that. They've lost about a grand's worth of business. Will get an email away to cannon directly and see if they can sort me out, unless you guys know of who else I could approach please? I know it may be like trying to polish a turd but I really want to try a 20" picco B&C on my 241, even if I have to grind it down to a skip picco and/or open up the back of the cutters, to help clearance. Just something I have had in my head for a while and want to try.

Anyone want a hat or the stubby holders in those GB deals? Bought a few of the packages and sending it to sis in Sydney but don't need the hats and stubby holders so are free to a good home. I think BIL might take one of the hats, but that's about it. I'll pay the postage to you.
13433327_292540511084044_4054421489593979728_o.jpg

*editing to add* bugger me, that was quick, the freebies have found a new home.

Anyone want a hat or the stubby holders in those GB deals? Bought a few of the packages and sending it to sis in Sydney but don't need the hats and stubby holders so are free to a good home. I think BIL might take one of the hats, but that's about it. I'll pay the postage to you.
13433327_292540511084044_4054421489593979728_o.jpg
Have you tried these guyshttp://www.madsens1.com/catalog.htm

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks. Forgot they sold cannon bars. A pity they won't sell me stihl chain. Gets a bit tricky trying to consolidate everything from different USA sellers.
Know what you want and get someone over there to buy and send. I am sure there are a few blokes over there that would love to help out.

I don't know if this is any help to you
d59f8a30e19736c83877c2079b2937fa.jpg
fa7b74870a6a8283f4a57e36fd58cfb1.jpg

is that where/how its used or the type of saw? pro, land owner, home user.
How it's used. So if a farm boss is used commercially it's 1 year, domestically 2 years and 4 if doubled. Can't double warranty on a prosaw used domestically which I thinks a bit silly

Cheers. Just heard back from GB on this. They are Oz made and use the same rail hardening as the pro tops, only with the oregon nose shape. GB wanted to try them out but the market doesn't prefer them over the regular pro tops noses, so GB are going back to pro tops. I guess that's called a lesson learned - don't try to fix that which aint broke. Good to know the powermatch noses will fit because I might swap one of those .404 noses to 3/8.
When they first came out I asked them where they came from and they where imported. This was when they where going through there rebirth and stopped making nearly all there product here except there long bars and want to concentrate on build that harvester side up then get back into the saw market as they have just recently done with them making protops again.

CSM-C1-20-50-3LM is the bar you want kiwi. That piltz bellend on eBay had the 3/8std bars listed with 3/8lp 63ps chains. There is a PDF on there site http://www.cannonbar.com/wp-content...To-See-Full-SuperMini-Bar-Model-Selection.pdf
Thanks. By questioning him/her I at least got to learn whether or not the listing descriptions were genuine mistakes or deliberately misleading. Am surprised there isn't more bad feedback.

Interesting that GB would go from importing the forest king bars to making themselves before deciding to go flag it and go back to pro tops. First thought was these were Chinese and I have sworn off and at Chinese bars. Will sell off the GB Chinese arbotech bars I haven't used-they are crap.

Latest posts

Back