the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jeeepers who said Queenslanders are slow,, :) thats some speed work training ah who cares as long you got the bit of paper that references AHCARB304A - Fell trees with advanced techniques on it jobs done...

Nah that was Intermediate.... Be good if the advanced was that cheap and easy tho..

ran out of fire wood keeping the house warm for the little one had to buy a few loads for the first time ever $150 for 2.5m :(

thats right you got a new born this year or was it last year?? anyhoo its fathers day Sunday best get onya saws & wood scrounge then,, i often get to September and the piles very low tho this year i been lucky with the prep work and supply

thats right you got a new born this year or was it last year?? anyhoo its fathers day Sunday best get onya saws & wood scrounge then,, i often get to September and the piles very low tho this year i been lucky with the prep work and supply

that was the problem was i had to much on i put a new bathroom in and other renos so not as much time cutting as i get other years

ran out of fire wood keeping the house warm for the little one had to buy a few loads for the first time ever $150 for 2.5m :(

That's cheap this way.
I had 20 odd spare cubes this season and sold it all from between 150 and 165 a cube delivered... good stacked cubes though.
The local garden supply stockists are selling river red gum from NSW for $220 a cube pick it up and load yourself.
It's not ever going to get any cheaper either.

That's cheap this way.
I had 20 odd spare cubes this season and sold it all from between 150 and 165 a cube delivered... good stacked cubes though.
The local garden supply stockists are selling river red gum from NSW for $220 a cube pick it up and load yourself.
It's not ever going to get any cheaper either.

wow weee most are selling it here for around $75 a cube for hard woods soft woods and eco-ash are $50 a cube.

Get quite a bit of different blackwood and wattle but just burn it myself...never tried selling it and easy to split with the maul.

i do burn alot of wattle as well they fall over alot on my land and you are right they are easy to split, i split all mine with a maul stringy as well as what ever other gums i find.
i think a spitter is some times to much work lifting the rounds up on to the dam things i find it quicker just to smash them up with a maul on the ground.

I don't mind burning blackwood and tend not to dry it out too much so it burns slow.

I've heard from numerous people though that you shouldn't burn blackwood if you're on tank water. Don't know if there's any science behind it or just an old cocky''s tail or not.

I don't mind burning blackwood and tend not to dry it out too much so it burns slow.

I've heard from numerous people though that you shouldn't burn blackwood if you're on tank water. Don't know if there's any science behind it or just an old cocky''s tail or not.

that thing about blackwood iv never heard that befor.
as for tank water :( a heap of crap fell out of my flue cap and blow on to the roof in a storm now my water stinks and tasts like smoke so iv got to buy a maines filter

Back