the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hi guys, sorry to break in but had my saw stolen out of my shed today and im after the book or manual for my 031 av saw, i rang the insurance company and they wont to see the book i got when i bort my saw. i cant find my receipt
if any one has the manual or a stihl owners manual for that saw can they contact me asap please. i would be glad to return it after the insurance company see it
email me
[email protected] please
regards peter

Peter, there's no such thing as "break in" here mate, your entitled as much as any of us here, Aussie or not. :msp_thumbup:

Sorry to hear about your saw Pete. Hope ya catch the lowlifes. In 15 years they'll call them the "plazma" generation!

Pete, did ya try the "beg for manuals" sticky?

Cheers mate.

i also have a very cheap and nasty GTR (more like an engraver) from bunnings. it has no power but is small and is great for finishing off carbys and other lite work. I tried to use a little ball to engrave my cylinders and number them but it does not have the power to cut properly and will sctatch the alloy but thats about it.

That interchange of parts Split did with parts from a cheapy to get the expensy (is that a word/allowed?) is a pisser! :msp_thumbup:

hi guys, sorry to break in but had my saw stolen out of my shed today and im after the book or manual for my 031 av saw, i rang the insurance company and they wont to see the book i got when i bort my saw. i cant find my receipt
if any one has the manual or a stihl owners manual for that saw can they contact me asap please. i would be glad to return it after the insurance company see it
email me
[email protected] please
regards peter

Sorry to hear about your saw being stolen. There are some low life scum on this planet. Hope that everything is sorted out in your favour. I'm sure enough of us can vouch for your nice new ported and muff modded MS880 that you had stolen........:wink2:

Regards
Graham

This one was his i think,show um this pic.:smile2:

attachment.php

thanks guys, this is really pissing me off, but i do need some sort of manual we get when we buy a saw
i would like to stick the saw fair up his ass while running, funny how i own the saw for 27yrs and now i have to prove i own it
regards peter

no i didnt ask in the manual thread as it has to be a guenuine stihl paper one as ive had the saw now 27yrs
if some one can help or even a receit for buying one of the 031av saws
the insurance company dont want much ,do they
regards peter

email me
[email protected] please
regards peter

dunno if this helps,sorta last resort if you really gotta have one,tell them this is what you got when you bought itStihl Factory Service Manual 030 AV 031 AV Model 1113 Chain Saws | eBayi know you can prob get a copy here free but this even looks like its been in the shed for 27yrs

Mate I think they are yanking your chain. Since you have owned the saw for 27 years it is unreasonable to expect you to cough up with a receipt for it. Find a pro saw in the Stihl range that approximates the 031 and target that as a replacement.

Also, get in touch with your insurance ombudsman. I have had to use them twice, the insurance companies usually start singing to a different tune once the ombudsman is involved.

Good luck with it all. I like your idea for dealing with the thief.

Regards
Graham

well good news guys, insurance company has come to the party and are replacing my saw with a new one
seeing mine was a 031 av, what saw will replace that as the insurance company said they would tell me what saw they are replacing mine with but i still need to be happy with the replacement saw
so what would be a saw that is aquiverlant to my old one. any pics of a new one would be great
regards peter

well good news guys, insurance company has come to the party and are replacing my saw with a new one
seeing mine was a 031 av, what saw will replace that as the insurance company said they would tell me what saw they are replacing mine with but i still need to be happy with the replacement saw
so what would be a saw that is aquiverlant to my old one. any pics of a new one would be great
regards peter

i THINK YOUR OLD BANGER WAS ABOUT 60CC

hi guys, i noticed there is a ms 260. is there any differance in the 260 and ms 261
just want to be ready for insurance company, if they ask why
regards peter

hi guys, i noticed there is a ms 260. is there any differance in the 260 and ms 261
just want to be ready for insurance company, if they ask why
regards peter

Yes there is a big difference, the 261 has the modern strato engine which uses less fuel and produces more torque. The 260 is the previous model and feels really underpowered compared to the 261.

ok, thanks for clearing that up, ill try the ms 261 and also what about the 271 boss, is the 261 still the best saw
regards peter

go the 261 as the 260 is no longer available and the 271 is a clam shell

Last edited:
Back