the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nope. blame the old man for that one, lol. The Backhoe is actually a Fiat 411 special, factory fitted with Backhoe/loader.

Haha nice. You can actually still buy them new, there is one on fleabay for $12k which is pretty cheap I reckon.

Haha nice. You can actually still buy them new, there is one on fleabay for $12k which is pretty cheap I reckon.

we usually pick up old ones cheap and fix them up at home. got the backhoe for 2k delivered from Bookham NSW, the fiat 411r was $500 i think, theres a before picture of it sitting next to the MF 2675 that i posted earlier

following an incident in September 2011 where a worker, had both hands removed by the blades of the woodchipper.

fyi upshot claims by worksafe for knee high bump stop bars to be retro fitted on all chippers and two up worker required for operation

Worksafe and Vcat seem to have different ideas about the safe operation of chippers and the well know flow of risk control hierarchy in which machine guarding, an engineering controls are considered a more effective control measure that administrative controls.

Hierarchy of Controls for risk in which machine guarding, an engineering control, is considered a more effective control measure that administrative controls such as those favoured by the Council

Woodchipper decision could set a worrying safety precedent « SafetyAtWorkBlog

Warrnambool CC v Victorian WorkCover Authority (Occupational and Business Regulation) [2012] VCAT 947 (4 July 2012)

But of broader concern is that VCAT’s decision questions the authority of WorkSafe Victoria and establishes a level of safety compliance that, although “safe as far as reasonably practicable”, remains a less reliable risk control measure than the engineering solutions currently available and increasingly becoming standard safety equipment on woodchippers.

Me,, bump bars good idea but retro fit is optional not a demand, owner operators need to comply with all other existing safe use controls
2 up for crew is needed when working isolated rural or demanding work but having one bloke standing by hand on stop knob is just crap idea
1 up is ok for urban light tree ops but again fair work load determination by owner opertaor is required

Hi peepholes. Haven't been on AS for a week or so as I have spent a few days up in the hills with that Neil character playing around with his mill (well actually just getting in his way), learning all sorts of race saw technical stuff, and listening to some of Neil's stories from when he was falling hardwoods. After seeing some of the country he felled in I can't believe that any mammal short of a mountain goat could get around and to think that he basically used only 3120's later on made me realise just how tuff he is, like uber tuff. I am now calling him Real Deal Neil. Before going to visit I was actually concerned that he may have been 5 foot tall and 45kg whilst barely being able to handle a 33cc Poulan - your typical internet hero but alas (actually I think he may be 5' tall?). He is built like a brick sh*thouse - sort of akin to a 30 tonne barrel jack :D
Also went to the Bulahdelah Show where there was some post ripping and chainsaw racing going on. Sadly, despite already suffering heavily from CAD, I now want a piped 3120 and need to learn square filing - damn you Neil but thanks for your hospitality. I had a ball and if you guys were closer I would definately have to get involved. Somehow I don't think a 36 hour round trip every few weekends would be sustainable. One good thing was that Neil won a disc stacking race with my 390XP against a few hot 90cc+ saws. May have had something to do with his skill level but I'd like to think it was just the saw...
I'll get some videos up later but Neil has this piped 576XP that gave all the piped sub 100cc saws a flogging. Impressive saw considering it was 20cc+ down on it's opposition but once again I'm sure the chain and Neil's skill level played a big part (don't get a fat head Neil).

local husky dealer, has been forced by safety officials to only sell safety chain of the roll as of recently, apparently he cant sell Non-Safety chain to chainsaw operators in the workplace, seems the council and most other chainsaw work related businesses need to supply safety chain to there employees. lol what bullchit OHS

He can supply me with Non-safety chain by the roll if ordered in by me, but they only stock safety from now on .. damn the nanny state is in full swing.

I reckon that your dealer has his wires crossed. I have not seen or heard of one dealer being forced to sell only safety chain and being in the game I'm sure it would be front page news for guys like myself. I reckon he has confused government employees with general saw users - I mean Kennards and other saw hire companies fit their hire saws with bumper link chain only but that is mandatory. If standard chain was illegal everybody would have to stop selling it immediately unless you had chainsaw qualifications or the like. I'm not saying it won't happen but I'll be certain to stock up on about 10,000' of non safety chain if I ever get wind of it :)

well that's his story matt, he doesn't stock nothing but safety chain now. I have always bought chain of him and have always received Non-safety without asking, he knows i buy Non-safety only! .....but this time he handed me a safety chain .......and i said 'mate this is the safety chain' i was after Non-safety! and he went on with his story and stated he wont be selling Non-safety chain anymore. Moral of the story, i wont be getting my chain threw him anymore, he don't stock it!

:msp_mad: wish I could of got on down that way over the w/e Matt and meet up with ya, glad you got to see some racing first hand with some of the best in the country, they actually put on a good show down in that blue country :laugh:

Neil, muffler is on its way mate

Hooroo

Will

:msp_mad: wish I could of got on down that way over the w/e Matt and meet up with ya, glad you got to see some racing first hand with some of the best in the country, they actually put on a good show down in that blue country :laugh:

Will

Hey no dramas Will. Neil actually said he was scared of you coming down and winning everything so was happy you couldn't make it. He reckons if you've had come down he would have made out he was too sick to attend. I have a feeling I'll head up that way again. Nice country around Neil's place - the rainforest areas are very similar to Tasmania. The only other areas I've seen with such beautiful scenery is southern WA in the Karri forests.

Thankyou Matt, am i that tall ???
Truly happy you saw a little of what we do in our industry, its not for every one and of coarse not every one would want to do it.
I loved that little 200T, first i have seen and used, i guess something that small to me is like a big saw to others, interesting.
Your 390 husky was a lovely saw and it won that disc stacking event itself, all i did was start her and stop her.
Lastly i thank you for takeing the time to visite me in my work place, most of your time was spent traveling, maybe i will head way south sometime.

Hey no dramas Will. Neil actually said he was scared of you coming down and winning everything so was happy you couldn't make it. He reckons if you've had come down he would have made out he was too sick to attend. I have a feeling I'll head up that way again. Nice country around Neil's place - the rainforest areas are very similar to Tasmania. The only other areas I've seen with such beautiful scenery is southern WA in the Karri forests.

Yep, Will is too good for me.

Thanks for that muffler Will.

Thankyou Matt, am i that tall ???
Truly happy you saw a little of what we do in our industry, its not for every one and of coarse not every one would want to do it.
I loved that little 200T, first i have seen and used, i guess something that small to me is like a big saw to others, interesting.
Your 390 husky was a lovely saw and it won that disc stacking event itself, all i did was start her and stop her.
Lastly i thank you for takeing the time to visite me in my work place, most of your time was spent traveling, maybe i will head way south sometime.

You're welcome to come down anytime mate. I can show you 100's of kilometres of flat treeless plains and 45°C :)
Glad you liked the 200T - I only brought it up as a joke but when I pulled it out the box I could see the look on your face thinking "Holy sh*t! They actually make saws under 95cc and lighter than 10kg?".
I certainly enjoyed the visit. Every apect was interesting. I'm all on my lonesome in my area when it comes to chainsaws and falling trees so the chance to talk to somebody who has done what you've done was great.
You're right about the milling too. I'll leave it up to you - far too manly for me :D

Yep, Will is too good for me.

Now you'll give Will a fat head :D

As mentioned I'll get a few videos up but here are a few photos from the trip to Neil's place...

Neil's View at work (tough to handle)...

2012-11-15151152.jpg

2012-11-15081616.jpg

2012-11-16182346.jpg

My view at work (sadly)...

2012-11-19143711.jpg

Neil after winning the disc stacking race...

2012-11-17182847.jpg

Some of Neil's saws. The piped Huskies sound awesome and sort of go OK too I suppose...

2012-11-17165412.jpg

I also stayed at a mate's place at Camden (near Sydney) on the way home. We went to an auction where I managed to buy this for $15. Straight to the pool room - well if I had one anyway...

2012-11-18135306.jpg

On another note my mate dropped a Red Stag a while ago with his Ruger .270 and here he is with the head. Not the prettiest rack but a monster old buck regardless. I'd seen photos previously that didn't do it justice and it was a lot larger than any of the Red Stags I've ever dropped...

2012-11-17223440.jpg

ah Neil, you have kicked my arse on a number of occasions, our races can go either way and seem to remember a few where we had to have a cut off to determine a winner, always been great to race against you.

them 200T's would be a great saw to have in the arsenal, I have a little dolkita top handle that comes in handy, but the 200T with a bit more grunt would be great

Great till the transaxle falls out of em there a mower not a tractor

Id agree.
If its got the alloy cased transaxle no way would I be doing that.

Its its got a straight axle in it, its worth the risk.
Whats it got??

Is it vertical or horizontal??
There was a model Victa sold that was 10hp horizontal. Always wanted a good look at one.

Heres mine.

Hey folks sorry to butt in on the dribble.... but can anyone point me to a good source for a kwaka hedge trimmer? If not it will have to be through fleabay US...

GKC135, sorry mate can't help you with the hedge thingy.

for you 090 nuts, I was playing around with the camera on the phone at a race a month ago, got some slow motion footage of two 090 racing, Wayne Donavan on the left and Wally Krouse on the right, enjoy
[video=youtube;9zWa9346RTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zWa9346RTo&list=UU2N-wO248QATJramMEoPwHA&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

BTW, all that talk a few weeks ago about bow hunting has got me the urge to have a go at it again. Getting a Browning split limb, was my late dads bow, talk to mum the other day and she is taking it around to a shop at home to get a tune up and check over then it will be on its way, look out little piggies :rock:

Will

Last edited:
GKC135, sorry mate can't help you with the hedge thingy.

for you 090 nuts, I was playing around with the camera on the phone at a race a month ago, got some slow motion footage of two 090 racing, Wayne Donavan on the left and Wally Krouse on the right, enjoy
[video=youtube;9zWa9346RTo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zWa9346RTo&list=UU2N-wO248QATJramMEoPwHA&index=1&feature=plcp[/video]

BTW, all that talk a few weeks ago about bow hunting has got me the urge to have a go at it again. Getting a Browning split limb, was my late dads bow, talk to mum the other day and she is taking it around to a shop at home to get a tune up and check over then it will be on its way, look out little piggies :rock:

Will

Wayne 0 and the wall,,,, great vid mate, 2 qld legends there for sure.

edit,,, the little piggies will be safe for a while, until you work out which way to point it anyway.

Last edited:
gday all the young bloke got home from hospital yesterday after 2 weeks in saint vinys ya get less time
for a hart atack LOL , he has a long recovery at least 6 months acording to the doc .
i said don't worry doc we breed them tuff in the country i'll have him on a chain saw
in a couple of days you should have seen his face it was funny

good to hear the young blokes on the mend 223 be fair put him on the 066 light duties before the bigger saws:msp_tongue:

tonite caught up with mate who got a ride in a helicopter after truck vs his bike. He,s lucky to be alive a week induced coma neck cracked 7 ribs both wrists can only now just wipe his own ass, life is good till it wants to leave eh best enjoy the days ye get.

Latest posts

Back