the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you're saying I can't just blame Dean for it? Understandable though Neil - I thought the blocks were all standard size.
Sorry Dean :)

Yeh Yeh Yeh I know. I did say before that it was operator error. Which mind you happens only 0.01% of the time. I am a perfectionist you know!!!!! We all stuff up some times, its hard to remember when I did it last. i think it was probably the race before that one.

It made its way onto ebay. There was a fake 070 a few weeks ago on Ebay, that got taken down. According to a stihl dealer i talked too, he mentioned that Stihl Australia actually has a few people working behind the scenes scanning ebay and other classifieds for fake saws, they confront the sellers via email or however, stateing they will be filing a potential law suit against them for counterfeit goods if they don't remove there advert.

Stihl MS070 Chainsaw | eBay

It made its way onto ebay. There was a fake 070 a few weeks ago on Ebay, that got taken down. According to a stihl dealer i talked too, he mentioned that Stihl Australia actually has a few people working behind the scenes scanning ebay and other classifieds for fake saws, they confront the sellers via email or however, stateing they will be filing a potential law suit against them for counterfeit goods if they don't remove there advert.

yeah and then its on gumtree and the trading post and probbly every noticeboard in town,i think stihl are wasting there time

Hmmmm, Stihl better not find out about Bob's not so real 090's :monkey:

yeah and then its on gumtree and the trading post and probbly every noticeboard in town,i think stihl are wasting there time

maybe, but then again better to do something than nothing, the ones that do get stopped can save fellow Aussies getting ripped off unknowingly ....shore if they don't mind buying China made copy's then that's there business, but they have the right to know if its a fake or not. anyway Ill do my part, Ill rip any fake/false adverts off the local noticeboard & report any counterfeit **** i come across online.

maybe, but then again better to do something than nothing, the ones that do get stopped can save fellow Aussies getting ripped off unknowingly ....shore if they don't mind buying China made copy's then that's there business, but they have the right to know if its a fake or not. anyway Ill do my part, Ill rip any fake/false adverts off the local noticeboard & report any counterfeit **** i come across online.

likewise,i do what i can too,but its scary just how many ozzies would buy them just to save a few bucks,..........is it really that different to all the other china stuff or aftermarket parts including saw parts in this country?

likewise,i do what i can too,but its scary just how many ozzies would buy them just to save a few bucks,..........is it really that different to all the other china stuff or aftermarket parts including saw parts in this country?

mate there cheap, if you look after them they could be ok for a weekend hack? or not. lol .... I've thought about buying one just to see how they hold together ... but i Know there not the real thing, you can pick them up new for 300 bucks new threw the right channels, shore if the the buyer knows its a chinese made copy then its his money .........what chits me is when there being advertised as the real deal, so the kid down the road with his hard earned coin see's it, buying it thinking its the real deal only to be ripped off & feel like a fool out of pocket

((12+144+(3*4^(1/2)))/7)+(5*11)=9^2+0

Or for those who have trouble with the poem:
A dozen, a gross and a score,
Plus three times the square root of four,
Divided by seven,
Plus five times eleven,
Equals nine squared and not a bit more.​

that statement is correct in every way,,,,
I don't have a problem with someone buying a copy as long as the buyer knows by correct lableing or some other proof of what it actually is the costomer is getting.
Who knows maybe some day soon those copies may be ok for general use, guessing it takes 1 to buy one and show the real results of what hours it has done and what task the copy was doing.

David,,,,
thats way above my head on this sunday, different but.

Last edited:
mate there cheap, if you look after them they could be ok for a weekend hack? or not. lol .... I've thought about buying one just to see how they hold together ... but i Know there not the real thing, you can pick them up new for 300 bucks new threw the right channels, shore if the the buyer knows its a chinese made copy then its his money .........what chits me is when there being advertised as the real deal, so the kid down the road with his hard earned coin see's it, buying it thinking its the real deal only to be ripped off & feel like a fool out of pocket

Matt, Had a 070 copy for a while, he didn't like it and passed it to me, this is what failed after a few hours use,

The starter
oil pump
fuel line
carby
choke linkage
clutch

It's running now but it's pretty gutless... unless it's a freebie don't waste your money on them.
Mine is painted Red & Black without any stihl labels....I don't want anyone to think it's a genuine stihl.

Last edited:

yep,i hear you,about 2 years ago i bought a roll of stihl chain,ad was legit,pictures were of the real deal but the chain i recieved was not,tell you my blood pressure went up bigtime,these guys really do prey on the everyday guy,this bloke even had the nerve to spin me someBS about suppliers sending the wrong chain....................what a A-hole :angry:

solar power

on a different note,are any of you guys running solar and hooked back into the grid,
wife and i been thinking about it for awhile and the way electricity keeps going up we are starting to look into it ,have heard good and bad ,whats your take?

yeah we got solar power that goes back into the grid mate, as well as 3 phase power. We get 60c back per Kw, cost 17k with a Government rebate of 3.5k. Tho its cheaper to set up now (panels and set-up) but you'll be on 30c per Kw for new set-ups. (I believe there isn't a government rebate anymore either) Our farm electrical bills are around 60% less per Quarter than it would be with NO solar..... That's for 5 adults, 3 separate living quarters, 3 fridges, 3 plasma's etc etc one electric hot water system for me and the GF, and the main farm house is on solar Hot water, plus all other living comforts.

Beechworth to Woods Point/Matlock to Beechworth (next day) on friday night by Beemer. With the weather in the 30's, twas just too good.

011-1.jpg

We have full use of this cabin with free views attached.

020.jpg

Sunrise at 5 am

026-2.jpg

And 2 hrs later

030-1.jpg

It's awesome through this gold mining region of Vic.

Off to Canberra next friday staying at Queanbeyan.

Last edited:
Beechworth to Woods Point/Matlock to Beechworth (next day) on friday night by Beemer. With the weather in the 30's, twas just too good.

We have full use of this cabin with free views attached.
Sunrise at 5

And 2 hrs later

It's awesome through this gold mining region of Vic.

Off to Canberra next friday staying at Queanbeyan.

Awsome, wish i could just take off with the family and go looksee about.

Matt, Had a 070 copy for a while, he didn't like it and passed it to me, this is what failed after a few hours use,

The starter
oil pump
fuel line
carby
choke linkage
clutch

It's running now but it's pretty gutless... unless it's a freebie don't waste your money on them.
Mine is painted Red & Black without any stihl labels....I don't want anyone to think it's a genuine stihl.

gmax,,, how many hours work to have that much failure, matt said it was way less than satisfactory but didn,t know it was that bad.

edit,,, Went and looked at some new trail bikes for my boy on sat, he is about to get that ''L'' plate.
looked at suzuki DR series, 4 stroke bikes.
he quoted me ride away prices, obviously less insurance.
DR-Z250 $7500.00
DR-Z400E $8500.00
DR650SE $8500.00
all 3 street legal for L platers and i liked the 650 the best. all 3 have electric start, things have changed from my L plate days on my new DT 175 yammi.
How do these prices stack up in other areas or is that about the run of them.

Last edited:

AL as soon as i seen that shack and bowser i knew it was woods point i used to trout fish and go look for samber up there back in the late 80s, is the oil pub still standing or was it lost in the fires,
still remember the gold nuggets in the display case. :still_dreaming:

About 2 hours :)

Well there you have it, 2 hours, looks like the 070 copy is a lemon, so by putting the 090 kit on it will become a bigger lemon.
I'm guessing you had to rob the replacement parts off a doner 090 just to keep the thing going.

Latest posts

Back