the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This place is a regular Vegemite addicts anonymous... cannot say I have ever had that stuff. Cannot find it here.

Gentlemen? None here, I am afraid. I can see it now though, blokes in top hats and tails (tuxedos) running chainsaws on Sunday. Might be worth trying it to come up with some insane TV show. Though wearing a neck tie would likely drag you into the chain and do you in. Have to wear bow ties I guess. One has to always consider PPE...

Trash and Treasure market... is that what we call a flea market here? People selling fenced goods, fake antiques, and junk that they would otherwise sell on AS, Ebay and Craigslist?

This place is a regular Vegemite addicts anonymous... cannot say I have ever had that stuff. Cannot find it here.

Gentlemen? None here, I am afraid. I can see it now though, blokes in top hats and tails (tuxedos) running chainsaws on Sunday. Might be worth trying it to come up with some insane TV show. Though wearing a neck tie would likely drag you into the chain and do you in. Have to wear bow ties I guess. One has to always consider PPE...

Trash and Treasure market... is that what we call a flea market here? People selling fenced goods, fake antiques, and junk that they would otherwise sell on AS, Ebay and Craigslist?

That's the one

Well ,whatch buy

A pair of these pliers
ae40c28b6f9427d61cbc33ac76a9ca86_zps594879c3.jpg

DST shift like jet lag to me, hate it. Throws my food and waste system out of trimming i'm hungry before lunch or need to crap before i wake :(

Yah, I hate switching clock time as well, and I would prefer they leave it one way all year. Arizona is like that, as is Hawaii. They just switch times zones, rather than the local time. It took me 2 weeks to catch up to DST this time, and I was an hour late to everything.

Where can a bloke pick up some decent Kevlar trousers at the right price to fit a short fat bloke?

Decent Kevlar and right price are mutually exclusive when it comes to pants/chaps I have found. Good ones are spendy. I have some Stihl chaps but they are getting old. The best ones I have seen are by Labonville. They are online and ship WW: http://www.labonville.com/

Bob is right, the 029 is a good saw. You have to consider its very heavy compared to other saws. If you are gonna use it for a long period of time. It is going to wear you out. It's kind of like a trimmer, the heavier they are the more tired you get.

We don't have DST here in Queensland,not yet any way,the campain driving it seems to get stronger every year,the way i see it is get out of bed earlier,mornings the best part of the day anyhow

Decent Kevlar and right price are mutually exclusive when it comes to pants/chaps I have found. Good ones are spendy. I have some Stihl chaps but they are getting old. The best ones I have seen are by Labonville. They are online and ship WW: http://www.labonville.com/

Cheers for the link mate problem here is we get ripped off for everything I'm happy to pay for good gear but I won't be burnt just because I choose to live in the best place on earth

+1 on Labonville chaps, I have been using them for years both work and race, they definatly have the fair dinkum kevlar in them. The 6 ply full wraps are the way to go, don't get caught up in the need for 10 ply (they are heavy to wear and hot as). The wife had a chain derail on a 3120 race saw and she got slapped hard down the knee, ended up with a bit of bruising and a couple of nicks while wearing a 6 ply pair.

+1 on Labonville chaps, I have been using them for years both work and race, they definatly have the fair dinkum kevlar in them. The 6 ply full wraps are the way to go, don't get caught up in the need for 10 ply (they are heavy to wear and hot as). The wife had a chain derail on a 3120 race saw and she got slapped hard down the knee, ended up with a bit of bruising and a couple of nicks while wearing a 6 ply pair.

Cheers mate I was looking at the ten ply but I think 6 should be fine after hearing that. And a better price then anything I have found here that's similar

Cheers mate I was looking at the ten ply but I think 6 should be fine after hearing that. And a better price then anything I have found here that's similar
I have both 6 and 10 ply full wraps, the 10 ply gets used in the arena only for the speed races (to hot for the rips). I have read a number of threads where people have reckon more is better on the layers, to many cons I reckon with wearing them in a work environment, ie heat exhaustion and decreased mobility. Price wise they cannot be beaten.

Where can a bloke pick up some decent Kevlar trousers at the right price to fit a short fat bloke?

Just watch getting chaps that are too cheap mate. I've gone through 3 sets of chaps, none from chainsaw damage, and the cheaper ones have all sorts of issues with stitching coming apart etc. I often wonder about cheap chaps because if they can't bloody stitch them properly where else have they cut corners?
I run a pair of the Stihl Pro pants from Bennn*e and I can tell you now they are more comfortable than any pairs of jeans I have here. Because of the extra weight in them you really do need to get a set of suspenders as well. They are near impossible to rip too whereas the cheaper ones would look like you'd had a fight with a Mountain Lion after 2 hours of brushing past sticks. I'd fixed my old chaps that many times with Hot Glue that people thought I'd tried to cut my leg off 200 times. It wasn't the saw doing the damage though, the fabric was just crap and sticks would go straight through it.
The Labonville's are good, as are the Husky Pro 1000 Denier chaps but if you want pants I can definitely recommend the Stihls from personal experience. Andrew runs a pair too now - as does Benny but he's about 7 foot bloody tall and should be in a circus.
The Stihl's aren't cheap but will outlast cheaper pants 5 to 1.

Latest posts

Back