the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 343978
And aus again. This bar was specially made for a Japanese client of there's and used those slots to mount to something for cutting plant roots. One of matts nos bars he gave me

They're a cool bar those ones. I have a new one too in my shed that I'll never use. Bit of a collector's piece.

maybe go a Stihl 021 or even lighter cheaper stihl 017 but good sharp hand saw start to get a look in beyond these
Cheers, but they are just a bit too bulky, my stihl 011 does an admirable job and it's small overall dimensions are great, but if I get bounced again for no chain brake I'll probably get my knuckles rapped.
I haven't seen a quikstop version at a sensible price - considering how old and cantankerous they are. Something a few generations newer would be nice.
I already have a husky 346 if I need a real saw.

Cheers, but they are just a bit too bulky, my stihl 011 does an admirable job and it's small overall dimensions are great, but if I get bounced again for no chain brake I'll probably get my knuckles rapped.
I haven't seen a quikstop version at a sensible price - considering how old and cantankerous they are. Something a few generations newer would be nice.
I already have a husky 346 if I need a real saw.

Isn't there a chain brake option for the 011? I'm sure I've see one somewhere. Its a different clutch cover, you might be able to find the parts on ebay.

Depending on how much you use it a cheap 25cc 'ozito' might be another option. But it is cheap after all...

Isn't there a chain brake option for the 011? I'm sure I've see one somewhere. Its a different clutch cover, you might be able to find the parts on ebay.

Depending on how much you use it a cheap 25cc 'ozito' might be another option. But it is cheap after all...
Yep, I've been keeping my eyes peeled - I figure one day I'll find a complete parts saw 011 for not much money.

The 25cc Chinese stuff is kinda tempting - but I'm fairly sure it'd be a "buy cheap, buy twice" story.

chch and fish 022.jpg chch and fish 021.jpg

Elephant fish.

We just bought a brand new Cannon Superbar, any feedback on how good they are supposed to be. Ended up getting a 36" for the 88 and 25" for the 66.

View attachment 344005 View attachment 344004

Elephant fish.

We just bought a brand new Cannon Superbar, any feedback on how good they are supposed to be. Ended up getting a 36" for the 88 and 25" for the 66.
Thats some weird looking fish,dunno,i usually ask for feedback or opinions before i buy,there supposed to be good but some look like oregon bars,just a bigger price tag

maybe go a Stihl 021 or even lighter cheaper stihl 017 but good sharp hand saw start to get a look in beyond these

I would also go with a 211 over a 021 any day (I have owned both). The 211 is a way better saw, more power, and more features. Fairly cheap here, about $300. Though they only come with the EZ start and chain adjuster here now. The one I have is a standard non EZ model that they no longer sell new stateside.

If you want the dog's ballacks of small saws in the pro line, look at the new 150. Small, light, & compact. 2.6 kg, 1 kw of power, with rear or top handle. New saw here this year. Arbor guys love them.

Yes, another fine example of the superior US educational system. Our tax dollars at work.

I can see the classroom in MA now: You see, Australlia has states like the US now after they won their war of independence with England. They annexed New Zealand after they did a swap for Tasmannia after the Maori lost their independence bid in the Kiwi War with England. After the island swap New Zealand became New New Zealand, and they had to give up their native Zealandii language and they speak Australlian now. If you speak New England American English, you will not be able to understand Australlian (or Zealandii). Be sure to hire a translator once you land in Nelson, the new capital of New New Zealand, as the languages are impossible for the average American to learn.

View attachment 343978
And aus again. This bar was specially made for a Japanese client of there's and used those slots to mount to something for cutting plant roots. One of matts nos bars he gave me

Were all of the the orange titaniun professional bars manufactured only in Australia ?
These were (are) similar in color to the Arbor bar posted. Appreciate the help here.

oh, its quiet here tonight, no one stuffed up a saw today or cut some fire wood or done some shooting.

house chores and driving instructor oh but i re conned a tree for a Powerfull owl box install with nice but flaky lady who wants to save native critters. but as we debate location i spy a chewed tail in the grass and its off a sugar glider oh dear opsy she see it and has moment of doubt realizing the owls will eat anything even the nice cute things.
I sorted by saying we will put a tenant agreement in side box instructing the Owls not to eat sugar glider just smelly possums,,, win.

Back