the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks graham,
but isnt the 261 closer the the cc of my old saw which is 48cc
i think i will just have to wait and see
i did use mine alot on hard wood so the bloody new one better cope with the work it will be getting
regards peter

thanks graham,
i did use mine alot on hard wood so the bloody new one better cope with the work it will be getting
regards peter

I think that if you get the MS261 you will be very happy with it.

Graham

thanks graham,
regards peter

just do not expect too much from it, its new and a better saw in so many ways then your old saw, but it is not designed to be flogged with a 20" bar running 3/8 all day in hard wood,
if you can get cheque out of them use some your own cash as well and get a bigger saw, (if you are only going to have one saw)

thanks for the info, i still have my baby 026 av for the small stuff
not sure what bar or chain to run on these new saws, havent bort one for about 27yrs so its all new to me
my old one ran the 3/8 chain, but will go by what you guys advise
regards peter

thanks for the info, i still have my baby 026 av for the small stuff
not sure what bar or chain to run on these new saws, havent bort one for about 27yrs so its all new to me
my old one ran the 3/8 chain, but will go by what you guys advise
regards peter

what chain's on the 026?

the Yanks were saying the other day on one thread that there is fake 660's out there? they had a link to one on craigslist,
and I see them ms380's on ebay from malaysia too

Did it look like a 660 though mate? I've seen them before but they've always been tarted up 038's and would only fool a schoolkid.

one more thing, my old one had a 20'' bar with 3/8 chain. can i put the 20'' on the 261
regards peter

Yep :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXG38RL7lno

saw look legit but a dodgy listing i say

eBay Australia: Buy new & used fashion, electronics & home d

this one on the other hand.... will be reporting that one

I dunno mate. Looks legit to me? :) Seal puller works a treat too old son.

:redface:now i know where i been going wrong all this time...............my saws all came with users manuals not gospells .............................................

thanks, will let you know what the stihl shop says this morning, just wondering how i could convince them to give me it
regards peter
was my old saw classed in the profesional cat,
regards peter

thanks, will let you know what the stihl shop says this morning, just wondering how i could convince them to give me it
regards peter
was my old saw classed in the profesional cat,
regards peter

It was a professionally built saw but back when it was made it would have been in the same class as the current Farm Boss.

hi guys, well rang my local stihl dealer and he said replacement saw he would do is a ms 362 20'' b& 3/8 chain
$1500.00 so now when the insurance company rings me thats what i will tell them
regards peter

Looking for a little maintenance advice, over the weekend I had to do some cutting in a bloody cold river, some of the logs we partially under water, which meant the bar went under too, spraying water everywhere etc etc, cutting was a success. Anything in particular I need to do to make sure the saw is not going to have any long term issues ? Rust? I pulled the clutch cover, cleaned out all the wet chips, ran it without the cover, bolted all back together, wiped it down and ran it some more.

Looking for a little maintenance advice, over the weekend I had to do some cutting in a bloody cold river, some of the logs we partially under water, which meant the bar went under too, spraying water everywhere etc etc, cutting was a success. Anything in particular I need to do to make sure the saw is not going to have any long term issues ? Rust? I pulled the clutch cover, cleaned out all the wet chips, ran it without the cover, bolted all back together, wiped it down and ran it some more.

Just to be safe, I would remove the clutch drum and blow out/dry the clutch, etc. Then spray it with some like WD40 or CRC. The bar and chain should be alright if it was oil properly but some extra lube wouldn't hurt... oh and don't forget the sprocket on your bar to as it was under water.

Back