the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Raining here today and the wife's taken our daughter and friends through to Tekapo. Got some serious clean up done in the garage and a few beers with the neighbour. Even found my old husky, not sure if its worth fixing but,. It sure would help out with cleaning up the smaller branches.

Its a tad lighter than my stihl's.:bowdown:

074.jpg

It's not Matty1 and Matty2's fault that you've never been schooled in the area of backyard engine performance tips and tricks.
Wellif your your looking for some real gains put the hottest plug you can find in it,run it on 1000:1 mix and blipp it good before and after your cuts,thats worth 100HP any day,who said i wernt edjamacated:D

Wellif your your looking for some real gains put the hottest plug you can find in it,run it on 1000:1 mix and blipp it good before and after your cuts,thats worth 100HP any day,who said i wernt edjamacated:D

Sh*t. I forgot about blipping the throttle. That is definitely good for 50% more grunt.

Raining here today and the wife's taken our daughter and friends through to Tekapo. Got some serious clean up done in the garage and a few beers with the neighbour. Even found my old husky, not sure if its worth fixing but,. It sure would help out with cleaning up the smaller branches.

Its a tad lighter than my stihl's.:bowdown:

View attachment 343384

If its anything like the 141 I built don't bother

Any you blokes had a look at the Tikka T3 rifle ? up to Sako standards or what

Accuracy wise they are definitely up to Sako. Finish wise they aren't but it depends if you want function or looks. You can basically but two T3's for the price of a new Sako. I have a T3 Varmint Synthetic in .25/06 and have a few mates that have bought them since. The one common thing between them all is they all shoot around 1/2 MOA with handloads. Best value for money rifle on the market in my book.
A guy I know bought the T3 stainless fluted timber sporter in .223 and the finish on that is top notch.

Accuracy wise they are definitely up to Sako. Finish wise they aren't but it depends if you want function or looks. You can basically but two T3's for the price of a new Sako. I have a T3 Varmint Synthetic in .25/06 and have a few mates that have bought them since. The one common thing between them all is they all shoot around 1/2 MOA with handloads. Best value for money rifle on the market in my book.
A guy I know bought the T3 stainless fluted timber sporter in .223 and the finish on that is top notch.

function is good, looks would be nice too seeing we're paying good money ... Sako own Tikka right, made in the same factory's just a slightly lesser refined product i guess, your likely paying more to have the Sako emblem embed . lot brands to choose from, i've got it narrowed down but

Sako 85
CZ 527/550
Remington 700
Ruger M77
Howa
Winchester 70
Tikka T3
Browning X-bolt
etc :laugh:

But I know what Cal i'm after at least.

function is good, looks would be nice too seeing we're paying good money ... Sako own Tikka right, made in the same factory's just a slightly lesser refined product i guess, your likely paying more to have the Sako emblem embed . lot brands to choose from, i've got it narrowed down but

Sako 85
CZ 527/550
Remington 700
Ruger M77
Howa
Winchester 70
Tikka T3
Browning X-bolt
etc :laugh:

But I know what Cal i'm after at least.

I own a Winchester Mod 70 and CZ527. Both nice rifles and accurate after I bedded and floated them. They probably wouldn't match a T3 out the box on average but some out of the box 527's I've seen have been absolute tack drivers.

Is your T3 Varmint stainless or chrome molly ?

Stainless mate. Any rifles or barrels I get now are stainless so that if I get lazy after a night out spotlighting and don't clean it straight away it won't get rust form overnight. Had that happen before :(

Stainless mate. Any rifles or barrels I get now are stainless so that if I get lazy after a night out spotlighting and don't clean it straight away it won't get rust form overnight. Had that happen before :(

good point, would be even handier if the old fella was stainless :D i could just snooze off to sleep like the bloody missus does after a shag

good point, would be even handier if the old fella was stainless :D i could just snooze off to sleep like the bloody missus does after a shag

I had an issue with my 527 one cold frosty night after spotlighting where I packed it back in it's bag and didn't clean it for a month. Buggar me it got a few pits in the bore down the muzzle end from rust and I thought I'd stuffed it. Turns out that those pits haven't really affected anything but I can still see them around 10 years later :( Now I always run an oily patch through it after a night out and clean it later. This is why I love stainless!

A stainless old fella. Easy to wash too :)

don't get too complacent about your stainless peeshooters,I thought that too but they will rust ,just takes a bit longer,i got a model 700 REM with some nice marks on it,that came from a solid 4 day weekend of shooting and not running a wipe over it:(

Latest posts

Back