the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
don't get too complacent about your stainless peeshooters,I thought that too but they will rust ,just takes a bit longer,i got a model 700 REM with some nice marks on it,that came from a solid 4 day weekend of shooting and not running a wipe over it:(

Some may rust but not all. I've had some small spots appear on the bead blasted surface of my T3 barrel but not on my other stainless barrels. Depends on the steel composition.
Anyway if you don't clean them you'll have a nice layer of copper down the bore to protect it from rust :)

don't get too complacent about your stainless peeshooters,I thought that too but they will rust ,just takes a bit longer,i got a model 700 REM with some nice marks on it,that came from a solid 4 day weekend of shooting and not running a wipe over it:(
yeah im not to worried if its SS or not ,im pretty fussy with looking after my own gear anyway so rust wont be a issue . just not a big fan of plastic parts or synthetic stock on a riffle , so seeing the Sako 85 Varmint is all metal and has a nice walnut stock, plus its only $800 dearer than a T3 . looks like the CZ 527 Varmint is all metal too, with walnut.

yeah im not to worried if its SS or not ,im pretty fussy with looking after my own gear anyway so rust wont be a issue . just not a big fan of plastic parts or synthetic stock on a riffle , so seeing the Sako 85 Varmint is all metal and has a nice walnut stock, plus its only $800 dearer than a T3 . looks like the CZ 527 Varmint is all metal too, with walnut.

What caliber are you looking at mate? I gather a .223 or .204 or something? I'd go a 527 if that's the case. Beautiful trigger and steel mag. Not a big fan of the polymer mags as the lips tend to wear too much.

Blood is not an ideal combinasoin with stainless.

I Never needed the option of stainless, I'm shore it has its merits to some .. but my 40 year old WESTERN BOULDER, COLO. USA Bowie is doing just fine, some beautiful High carbon steel used back then tho ,will go nice with a walnut stocked rifles

Blood is not an ideal combinasoin with stainless.
I hear ya,
ary3u2yz.jpg

I Never needed the option of stainless, I'm shore it has its merits to some .. but my 40 year old WESTERN BOULDER, COLO. USA Bowie is doing just fine, some beautiful High carbon steel used back then tho ,will go nice with a walnut stocked rifles

Nice remind me later to post a pic of the knife my old boss made out of an old bar

Nice old knife! I like high carbon in knives too compared to stainless, even though most of my good knives are stainless...

hay cris we can talk about Remington rifles they made chainsaws to haha along with huskvarna and some others
think there was remington vacuums and washing machines too, from memory i think the rem chainsaws where a lime green color?

Nice old knife! I like high carbon in knives too compared to stainless, even though most of my good knives are stainless...

yeah got a few different ones myself, But the W49 Bowie is a favorite, being also what my father carried in nam

Latest posts

Back