the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As bad as it looks mate it will be OK unless it's been leaking for a long time. I had a HD filter element break on my ported Dolmar and it looked considerably worse than yours. As a precaution I pulled the whole top end and the insides looked like new which gave me piece of mind. I whacked a new ring in it while I was in there though despite compression still being 210psi - just to be sure :)
The one good thing about small amounts of wood dust is that they basically get combusted and exhausted out. However all bets are off with Redgum dust as that is well known to pack out the bottom end after sustained ingestion and kill saws. Takes a while to do that though. As Benny mentioned they did have issues with one run of the HD2 filters. Otherwise they're the best filter on the market for our dust and absolute crackers.
As far as Huskies sucking dust that's normal in dead hardwood unless you start using filter oil/2T mix. I've had to use filter oil with every single Husky I own to stop dead Redgum dust getting through.
I got some k&n spray on filter oil, it's been magic compared to everything else I tried. The 540 only has a nylon mesh filter option, I guess they figured it would only get used on clean wood......

Righto fellas, here's a potentially contentious musing, one most likely as stupid as a fence post.

If a reckless desperado hell-bent on legally parallel importing Stihl product into NZ and wholesaling it to a network of independant small engine shops themselves utterly aware of their obligations under our current trading rules surrounding parallel imported product, actually manged to get the first shipment through and onto the shelves of said retailers, how long would it take Stihl to plug the leak? Would a second and third shipment need to be on the water before the first one landed?

:D

The smart way to do this is to pre-sell all or as much of the product before your container lands. This negates Stihl"s ability to influence your ability to sell by discounting for the time you are attempting to off load.

When importing large quantities it is smart to have pre-sold the lot first.....contracts are essential.

As bad as it looks mate it will be OK unless it's been leaking for a long time. I had a HD filter element break on my ported Dolmar and it looked considerably worse than yours. As a precaution I pulled the whole top end and the insides looked like new which gave me piece of mind. I whacked a new ring in it while I was in there though despite compression still being 210psi - just to be sure :)
The one good thing about small amounts of wood dust is that they basically get combusted and exhausted out. However all bets are off with Redgum dust as that is well known to pack out the bottom end after sustained ingestion and kill saws. Takes a while to do that though. As Benny mentioned they did have issues with one run of the HD2 filters. Otherwise they're the best filter on the market for our dust and absolute crackers.
As far as Huskies sucking dust that's normal in dead hardwood unless you start using filter oil/2T mix. I've had to use filter oil with every single Husky I own to stop dead Redgum dust getting through.

Hey Matt

Hasn't been leaking for long, I suspect just in the morning. I've always kept a close eye on things like that. After dusting one engine I may well be paranoid now and I look after my stuff.

I was cutting down and bucking a few dead stringybarks, I suspect they are Messmate but not easy to tell as they have been dead for well over 10 years and then some....they split like dry Redgum though, easy as and splintery. This stuff is bone dry, like it's been kiln dried.

I can't find Benny's post.

Hey Matt

Hasn't been leaking for long, I suspect just in the morning. I've always kept a close eye on things like that. After dusting one engine I may well be paranoid now and I look after my stuff.

I was cutting down and bucking a few dead stringybarks, I suspect they are Messmate but not easy to tell as they have been dead for well over 10 years and then some....they split like dry Redgum though, easy as and splintery. This stuff is bone dry, like it's been kiln dried.

I can't find Benny's post.

I suffer from the same paranoia mate. I live in the land of low rainfall and wood dust :)

New Adler lever action shotgun due in few months for any of you keen shooters, takes 7rounds. Comes in 28" and I think 20" barrels. Just pre ordered mine from gunco $800 bucks nice home defence gun lol they've sold 60 in 2 days get in quick

Yeah they look the goods. 2,000 were presold nationally in the first 4 days from what I've heard. 3,500 have been sold up to yesterday apparently, and only 700 are coming in August with the first shipment. If you order one now rumours are you'll only receive it in the first part of 2016. The one good thing is that you can buy the 20" or 28" barrel assemblies for $275 from Cleavers. 3 of my mates have already ordered them from Cleavers for $735 and if I hadn't have bought a new shotty 3 weeks ago I'd order one too :)

Yeah they look the goods. 2,000 were presold nationally in the first 4 days from what I've heard. 3,500 have been sold up to yesterday apparently, and only 700 are coming in August with the first shipment. If you order one now rumours are you'll only receive it in the first part of 2016. The one good thing is that you can buy the 20" or 28" barrel assemblies for $275 from Cleavers. 3 of my mates have already ordered them from Cleavers for $735 and if I hadn't have bought a new shotty 3 weeks ago I'd order one too :)

Well these guys rekin they have 100 allocated so hope it's August as they said. I knew their were cheaper options but this joint is massive and close by. Think I'll definitely get the short barrel to yayyyyy Matt you can never have enough shotties lol. I've got 3 plus was eyeing of the Taurus 410 circuit judge revolver shotgun, imagine shooting 5 solids in a row!!! Problem was it was tiny in my massive arms looked like a child's cap gun.

Well these guys rekin they have 100 allocated so hope it's August as they said. I knew their were cheaper options but this joint is massive and close by. Think I'll definitely get the short barrel to yayyyyy Matt you can never have enough shotties lol. I've got 3 plus was eyeing of the Taurus 410 circuit judge revolver shotgun, imagine shooting 5 solids in a row!!! Problem was it was tiny in my massive arms looked like a child's cap gun.

Yeah I've got a Rossi Circuit Judge in .44 Magnum. Fun gun but not what I'd call a good gun :) I was wrong before and apparently 900 are coming in the first shipment, not 700. First in first served :)

weather crap again, glad i got the pailing fence between us and the neighbours rebuild before today, even if i still have to buzz the tops and put some capping on :-(

oh well next days off i suppose.

Yeah I've got a Rossi Circuit Judge in .44 Magnum. Fun gun but not what I'd call a good gun :) I was wrong before and apparently 900 are coming in the first shipment, not 700. First in first served :)

Yeah sorta knew they were a play around gun, but cool nonetheless. Hopefully the action isn't too clunky like other cheaper lever actions. Least I'll have to ability to hit a few more bunnies. And could be fun on the clays

MS461 air filter not sealing. How much damage has this done? I have already started to clean the venturi in the carb, it was covered in dust and much filthier than what I have taken. This is after 5 tanks of fuel this morning. Should I take it back to the dealer and get them to check ii out? I am not happy about this!View attachment 425405View attachment 425405 View attachment 425406

what air filter do you have on the 461? a HD2? i checked my 461 and all clean under there.

MS 441 C-M, only while stocks last now too

yeah i heard thats it for the 441cm's a very quiet death compared to the 660. 381 next to go and the 461 after that once the 462cm comes out.

Yeah sorta knew they were a play around gun, but cool nonetheless. Hopefully the action isn't too clunky like other cheaper lever actions. Least I'll have to ability to hit a few more bunnies. And could be fun on the clays

They look bloody good. At least they look reliable and NIOA are working with Adler to ensure reliability as a few things need fixing/modifying. I'm bloody tempted but am not the world's biggest lever fan so will have a play with my mates before I buy one. The Circuit Judge I've got has had a few issues and basically OSA won't honour their warranty so I've had to fix it myself. The letter I got back from them regarding the fault was an absolute lie so I wouldn't trust anything from them knowing that they won't back it.

That wasn't a HD2 filter that had issues it was one of the knock off ones available from hutzl and j&j's. From the centre point down to the mounting/sealing area was a good few mm's out so even though they where screwed down tight they where still letting sh1t under the seal

That wasn't a HD2 filter that had issues it was one of the knock off ones available from hutzl and j&j's. From the centre point down to the mounting/sealing area was a good few mm's out so even though they where screwed down tight they where still letting sh1t under the seal

You sure? I was certain Stihl had issues with some of the HD2's unless it was limited to US delivered saws only? It was to do with the epoxy breaking from memory.

what air filter do you have on the 461? a HD2? i checked my 461 and all clean under there.

yeah i heard thats it for the 441cm's a very quiet death compared to the 660. 381 next to go and the 461 after that once the 462cm comes out.
381 won't go unless we get EGER exhaust gas emission regulations as they are such a popular old saw. I'm going to say it's more likely to have a I on the end of it too then c-m. Realistically the 461 was a stop gap between the 460 and what ever is next, it's still 1128 series and meant they could sell it in the U.S. as it would pass epa

Back