the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Random thought for the day. Has any one here ran racing saws on E85?

not a saw but
i use to run it in my ninja when the fule first came out never had a problem but the bike was used every day of the week and it was riden dam hard.

my thorts on it for a 2banger are tho how well will the oil blend through the fule.

Just good ol bp ultimate 98oct in all my saws with 2 exceptions, a couple of 2100's that run drink methanol with a bit of nitro. The alkies are set up for it though, bigger carbs that are drilled to deliver a sheet load of fuel [emoji6]

I know of 2 guys in the arena running it, both have big reliability issues.
Whether it's from the fuel, or incorrect modifying I don't know, but they are very hit n miss at the moment.
Me..... Just 98oct with a little drink of Royal Purple HP2 full synthetic oil.

e85 needs about 2.5x as much fuel as running 98octane ulp. but being such a high percentage of alcohol would be a very fry fuel and hard on 2 strokes like runnning methanol

would be a shame to open up this virgin muff ;)

IMAG0741.jpg IMAG0742.jpg

And another minty for Vince, ...or a plug nappy for chipendale

IMAG0734.jpg

She's a wet one too, much better than a dry hole ..
IMAG0731.jpg
What a awesome designed saw, 3 bolts and muff is off, no seized internal garbage ,and muff slips off without removing another thing .

IMAG0730.jpg
IMAG0729_1.jpg

E85 has its own problems, engines need to be set up to run it properly.
I tested one before Christmas, its running on it and is performing well but at a cost. (it wasn't right either but getting close)
Timing has to be advanced enough but not too much, (getting it right takes a little time)
Its perishes rubber quick, so fuel lines won't last long, needs constant attention inside carby's that are drilled to take its increased flow.
For me, if I was going to go to the trouble with E85, I would run Methanol / nitro in all saws but anyone who has run Meth saws knows the chores associated with that.

I run BP Zoom in all applications, but I'm not going to show a pic or video to prove it. ( possible BS in last statement)

Lol who sells bp zoom now days? Or have you got a secret stash?

Mate I havn't seen BP zoom since the late 70's early 80's. I just say that because the resident SAW GOD who constantly reads our posts and copies else where trying to be a man or something simular.
He copied my post today and tried to make a fool out of me on another forum, but alas they know him there too and know he is just talking sh#t as always. Actually its complete entertainment for them.
In fact they ridicule him and he just laps it up like its a nice cold beer on a hot summers arvy.

Mate I havn't seen BP zoom since the late 70's early 80's. I just say that because the resident SAW GOD who constantly reads our posts and copies else where trying to be a man or something simular.
He copied my post today and tried to make a fool out of me on another forum, but alas they know him there too and know he is just talking sh#t as always. Actually its complete entertainment for them.
In fact they ridicule him and he just laps it up like its a nice cold beer on a hot summers arvy.

Yup it went out years ago and for good reason too. I can't wait for a cold arvy beer. Too Fukin hot

"Yellow Submarine"

In the town where I was born
Lived a man who sailed to sea
And he told us of his life
In the land of submarines

So we sailed up to the sun
Till we found the sea of green
And we lived beneath the waves
In our yellow submarine

We all live in a yellow submarine
Yellow submarine, yellow submarine

And our friends are all on board
Many more of them live next door
And the band begins to play

[Full speed ahead, Mr. Parker, full speed ahead!
Full speed over here, sir!
Action station! Action station!
Aye, aye, sir, fire!
Heaven! Heaven!]

As we live a life of ease (A life of ease)
Everyone of us (Everyone of us) has all we need (Has all we need)
Sky of blue (Sky of blue) and sea of green (Sea of green)
In our yellow (In our yellow) submarine (Submarine, ha, ha)

Back