the all aussie dribble thread!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dawn service Barraba nsw was nice. My 80 yold aunt played the trumpet in the band... Abide with me.... A Huey flew in low over main street then off to Rsl for feed and chat I shook the hand and thanked the bugle player for moving rendition of last post

https://anzacday.org.au/a-poem-for-remembrance-day

WP_20160425_003.jpg

Wont do anything risky. Just after a saw that'll power and oil a 42" bar or more so I don't have to do too much walking around the tree. Been looking at > 100cc saws but am yet to find something I can afford at the mo'.

You had one but now its in my shed

I knew you'd rub it in ya basted :cool:. Sis is over here in June. You can send it to her in Sydney and I will make sure she brings it back to Oz on her return. Honest I will. :D

Chippies into it !!, some might respond well to a rope in them, then scarf and back cut to right on movement stage,
buzz off out of it to truck and pull rest of the way.

Leave hinge wood :)

Congrats on the move- in C. :D

Thanks Creeker....still sorting things here...no tv reception either....

I always leave a hinge, but often run the saw across the dangerous daggers on my return after the drop.

The little one with the wedge sitting on it at the back was leaning in the opposite direction and needed a little persuasion to go in the direction I wanted...

The problem with those was broken branches in the canopy and I spent more time looking up at broken branches that could let go than I did my cut. Probably safer to rope them and pull them all over at once....I've run out of explosives unfortunately.

Like the shadow in the bottom pic chippy..lol Head scratching or :picture:

(Best thing you can do is scratch the head, walk round it, look up, scratch head again with head tied job like that)

ps..phone call bait that last tree re distance from fence, lot of greenies around !

well first thoughts on the adler. its long measures in about 1" longer than my mates 30" barrel miroku with external chokes, its also nice and light with only one barrel. now the action at first it was a little stiff but after about 100 shells i could feel it freeing up a nicely but did notice its sensitive to some brand shells namely it didnt cycle diana clay loads well but was great with winchester duck loads and federal no4's.

Like the shadow in the bottom pic chippy..lol Head scratching or :picture:

(Best thing you can do is scratch the head, walk round it, look up, scratch head again with head tied job like that)

ps..phone call bait that last tree re distance from fence, lot of greenies around !
Lol....perhaps I should have been scratching my head....

That last one is about 2 mtrs outside the fenceline but it is the dangerous one. It dropped a 12" branch from 40' up and smashed the other 4 on the fenceline pretty bad...it caused the loose limb problem and I can't build the fence under hung up limbs so that's why they were dropped...got plenty of photos showing the problem.

That one that is still standing is about a 70' yellow box and it has that cancerous looking burl more than half way around it. The burl is on the side it is leaning and it's on a 10 deg lean. No visible root heave. I'd say 50/50 on weather or not they let me drop it. It's hanging over where I want to build a new fence.

What to do?

i go camping..... and come back with extra saws :D good camping trip.

took the new 241cm with me.. what a little perler that saw is!! and took the non rustable 394. that too i was really impressed with mind you it only had a 3/8 chain and 24" bar but still as a stocky, very healthy.

Ars*y B*sta*d, how did you do that ? drool etc etc

Lol....perhaps I should have been scratching my head....

That last one is about 2 mtrs outside the fenceline but it is the dangerous one. It dropped a 12" branch from 40' up and smashed the other 4 on the fenceline pretty bad...it caused the loose limb problem and I can't build the fence under hung up limbs so that's why they were dropped...got plenty of photos showing the problem.

That one that is still standing is about a 70' yellow box and it has that cancerous looking burl more than half way around it. The burl is on the side it is leaning and it's on a 10 deg lean. No visible root heave. I'd say 50/50 on weather or not they let me drop it. It's hanging over where I want to build a new fence.

What to do?
its dangerous, mitigating circumstances puts workers safety above the green stuff.
tanks

i go camping..... and come back with extra saws :D good camping trip.

took the new 241cm with me.. what a little perler that saw is!! and took the non rustable 394. that too i was really impressed with mind you it only had a 3/8 chain and 24" bar but still as a stocky, very healthy.
I needed that 090 last weekend vince, I still can't feel my fingers from that bone rattler of mine :(

Latest posts

Back