The bar and chain

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jazavac

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello!

I am looking for new bar and chain for my new Husky 545
It came with 16 inch bar and my plan is to extend it with new 18 inch
Does anybody have experienced suggestion? I plan to use it with good quality semi chisel for dirty and full chisel for clean wood.

Work around home, cutting firewood and some felling is something it is going to be used for.

Thankss!

I find the Sugihara or Tsumura bars are a lot more durable thean the originals .
Cannon are excellent too , but over here a bit pricey.

Thank you. I shall see what is possible to get from those two Japanese bars

Regards!

For the use you describe I would just get an Oregon or Husqvarna bar in the same pitch and gauge as the setup you currently have. Reduced weight bars do not reduce much overall weight at 18" bar lengths and for home use it should last plenty long.
Thank you
What Oregon bar do you suggest I should look for?
Any new model Oregon is proud of (Speed cut or Versa cut)?

BTW, Sugi Hara is completely out of stock abt any 18 chainsaw bars they produce (when oredering from UK)

As stated in an earlier post for the use you will put your saw to a middle of the road quality wise for a bar will do just fine If they are available to you I would suggest a Windsor detachable tip bar & Stihl chains in semi & full chisel to suit your saw For you use Tsumura & Sugi bars are not the best bang for your buck Ie you are paying out $ for something not required

As stated in an earlier post for the use you will put your saw to a middle of the road quality wise for a bar will do just fine If they are available to you I would suggest a Windsor detachable tip bar & Stihl chains in semi & full chisel to suit your saw For you use Tsumura & Sugi bars are not the best bang for your buck Ie you are paying out $ for something not required
Thank you for this suggestion
But where to buy these Windsor bars
I couldn't find any dealer or online shop web site? Any advise about this?

Tnx

Regards

All these bars are manufactured by Oregon. The ones listed are the ones I would recommend. Not much money compared to the pro level bars and do the job. I would choose one that is the same gauge as your current setup just to make things less complicated. It does not really matter though since you cannot interchange chains because of the lengths.

Husqvarna branded
531 30 04 38 for .050 gauge
508 91 21 72 for .058 gauge

Oregon branded
180MLBK095 for .050
188PXBK095 for .058

I personally have an 18" Husqvarna Power Match bar with the replaceable tip. I have not had to replace the tip or anything but I really like this bar. I'm not sure if it is the shape or what exactly but I enjoy using any saw it is on. So far it has been on a 346xp and a 450.

All these bars are manufactured by Oregon. The ones listed are the ones I would recommend. Not much money compared to the pro level bars and do the job. I would choose one that is the same gauge as your current setup just to make things less complicated. It does not really matter though since you cannot interchange chains because of the lengths.

Husqvarna branded
531 30 04 38 for .050 gauge
508 91 21 72 for .058 gauge

Oregon branded
180MLBK095 for .050
188PXBK095 for .058

I personally have an 18" Husqvarna Power Match bar with the replaceable tip. I have not had to replace the tip or anything but I really like this bar. I'm not sure if it is the shape or what exactly but I enjoy using any saw it is on. So far it has been on a 346xp and a 450.
Well, thank you. This was helpful.
I have local shops for Oregon and Husqvarna, some 1/2 hour of driving. I shall check what do they have on stock among what you presented.
Regards!

Just get an OEM husqvarna bar if thats the easiest for you to find.
That is always the solution. I wanted to see is there any special thing about nonOEM manufacturers. Some benefit to go for nonOEM. To maximize powerhead I got.

Simply because there is no need (dont cut any big logs) for it and decided not to drag chainsaw power for nothing

18 will be just fine
You aren't "dragging power" if you aren't cutting bigger wood. It allows you to cut in a comfortable position with reached that's needed on flater ground for bucking and cutting brush lower and flat.

You aren't "dragging power" if you aren't cutting bigger wood. It allows you to cut in a comfortable position with reached that's needed on flater ground for bucking and cutting brush lower and flat.
Yes, I undestand what U R saying and U R apsolutely right at it but. Never the less at the beginning I planed to buy a cheaper saw quite cheaper and smaller then 545 because the needs weere much bellow 545 can offer but hey, I got a terrific discount, and one again fir cash and came home with 545 instead with 435 what eas the plan. Now, I said lets buy some adds to make it allmost profeasional saw. 18 inc is max for my needs and 20 would bw much above it
I hope it ia cleared now :). But thank you. I appreciate it.

Put a Cannon on it and you will be running it for a long time. Expensive, heavy, run cooler, and outlast others. Keep your oiler working well and you will be dressing a Cannon bar a lot less often.

Put a Cannon on it and you will be running it for a long time. Expensive, heavy, run cooler, and outlast others. Keep your oiler working well and you will be dressing a Cannon bar a lot less often.
Thank you!
Is there any perticular Cannon model or just to search for the lenght I need?

Back