The beginnings of another MS440/460 Hybrid

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can buy loops of Stihl Square at Baileys ... just sayin ... you used to have to get it by the roll. Price is not too bad, just search Stihl RSL.

Unless you have a grinder, converting is a lot of work.

You can buy loops of Stihl Square at Baileys ... just sayin ... you used to have to get it by the roll. Price is not too bad, just search Stihl RSL.

Unless you have a grinder, converting is a lot of work.
I have 60' of square left on the roll, but like I said I allready have four loops so no sense in spinning any up

Ryan, when I first went to square I could not find loops of it any where, and Bailey's only had it by the roll.

My local dealers said they could not get it for me either, but then again I don't thing they know what it is even now.

Maybe I just looked in the wrong places. Found other brands of it by the loop, but not the Shihl.

I took the rakers that far because it used to be on the 066

It does pull it well but I think -.030 will be better for this setup
The best relationship I was able to understand was that cutter durability directly relates inversely to raker height.

.050 is ALOT !!

.030 might be boring for 3 tanks of fuel (before needing sharpening),
but .040 probably would be challenging for 2 tanks of fuel (before needing sharpening)

No pics videos of any hybrid Stihl projects that I can see around here. I got my wide angle lens on too :picture:. Just really wanna know if this hybrid stuff is not some figment of a saw-hacks imagination. I don't want to buy into some 'easter-bunny' saw fantasy that some guy dreamed up after he smoked his lunch over in Colorado :popcorn2:

No pics videos of any hybrid Stihl projects that I can see around here. I got my wide angle lens on too [emoji14]icture:. Just really wanna know if this hybrid stuff is not some figment of a saw-hacks imagination. I don't want to buy into some 'easter-bunny' saw fantasy that some guy dreamed up after he smoked his lunch over in Colorado [emoji14]opcorn2:
They do make a high revving saw. I put one together and it 4 stroked easily over 15k.

Back