The Descriptive Process

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just recall old times...walk over to the edge &step off. Remember to grab ther brush as you slide by.

Just put on yer old fs hat and walk around like you know whats going on while shaking you're head and making notes in a fake note book... if you look really unhappy nobody will want to find out what they did wrong and will leave you alone right...?

Just put on yer old fs hat and walk around like you know whats going on while shaking you're head and making notes in a fake note book... if you look really unhappy nobody will want to find out what they did wrong and will leave you alone right...?

There is a strange glow to the east.

I have a harder, slippier, alternate route that I can go on that will allow me to bypass (I think) the logging operation. I know the Forest Patrol guy, but not the foresters. The Patrol guy sometimes asks me if I've seen stuff because I wander around back there at least once a week.

Hmmm. I think I best see what that glow to the east is. I last saw it in.....southern Oregon. :)

Fixing the busted crummy's starter took seven days instead of planned two. They delivered 2 times a wrong kind of starter (parts numbers matched, yet didn't fit). Fixing worn out screw threads in the clutch case took another day too.

Well, the lag gave me a chance to catch up my studies. I have yet Red Cross first aid training scheduled on Tuesday. I guess it never hurts to update first aid skills - It's just means next week I got to exist in three locations at the same time.

I hate greasy grimmy messes, makes my skin crawl. but somewhere in this mess is a tach cable that I wanna change, and check out my hydro lines...

Found a rag in there somwhere...

A pressure washer is a necessary investment if you're going to own a skidder. You might want to move that oil pressure gauge up to the dash too. Need to be watching that as much as the tach.

Andy

yeah not real sure why the oil gauge is hiding down there behind, the side cover... guess so you can check and make sure its still say zero before you check the oil... That will be moved in time... Half the problem is that the last cover is welded to the frame( behind the cage brace) so I had to dig in from the top down, took 3 hours... and the hood and side covers are still in the driveway. should have taken about 20 mins, but a 1/32 of a turn with needle nose pliers, not fun.

Still need to check into fixing fuel gauge, and getting something resembling lights, and take a look at one of the steer cylinders, its a workable machine now, just want it to be tip top before abusing it for 40 more years...

found the problem with the leaky steer cylinder... it is just a hose! only problem it was an aftermarket gyppo fix, and I need much smaller hands and longer arms to get to it. Its between the trany and the frame above the steer cylinder, so pulling the belly pan gets me nowhere... might get it with two people that are very comfortable with being stuck in a tight place with each other...:msp_wub:

Well I am in the middle of doing laundry and last minute things to get ready for the Oregon Logging Conference. Leavin tomarrow :msp_tongue:

found the problem with the leaky steer cylinder... it is just a hose! only problem it was an aftermarket gyppo fix, and I need much smaller hands and longer arms to get to it. Its between the trany and the frame above the steer cylinder, so pulling the belly pan gets me nowhere... might get it with two people that are very comfortable with being stuck in a tight place with each other...:msp_wub:

Hire a chimp.

Ha. I'd like to see that on video. :laugh: Especially the part where the chimp takes offense at the whole procedure, takes the pressure washer away and starts flailing the guy with it.

Right turn Clyde!

OK so he was an Orangutan:biggrin:

Donno ifen this fits in this here thread, but, yesterday whilst a red oak was falling to the ground, I seen a skwerl pop outta a hole in the tree and jump, winning a losing race. It was cool, bossman yelled out "that's how them bastards get evicted!" I looked all over for the skwerl for a lunchtime treat but couldnt find him

Back