The Future of Arboriculture

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Race Card Aside

I am a minority in more ways than race in San Antonio
1) One 0f 56 0r so Certified Arborist in Bexar County
2) Have a San Antonio Tree Maintanance Lic.
3) Have a SS card.
4) Have a valid TX drivers license.
5) Have insurance on all my vehicles.
6) Am over 45 years old.
7) Oh yea I am a mutt of many Immagrants and a 16th Cherrokee,and was so lucky to be born in Texas,
I tryed to get legetamate to set myself out from the hacks, weather they were White trash meth heads or hard working Wets and so far it has only cost me more money.
I noticed that Austin made the top ten Citys for Urban Forests so I may have to move there, after working in Colorado and comming back to SA, my heart sank driving throug our streets of mutilated trees, some of the smaller upper scale municipalices like Terrel Hills, and Alamo Hieghts, have enforced there Tree Ordinances and there are some beatiful ancient well maintained trees, but when true city trees are mutilated people think that thats the norm, If I ever Hit a Win Fall and get struck rich, I would love to do or bank roll Arbiculture Public Awareness programs, As for now after crawling out of the second Recesion and working for 1987 money not even adusting for inflation I almost have the whats the use any how point of view at this point.
Paul

I love my work, but also think / daydream about ways to get things done easier way more now than when I was younger. Age and wear & tear is more my enemy than competition, and if I can get by and get all the bills paid by working only 3 or 4 days a week now, then so be it, except that I'll never be able to buy better equipment. There is a trade off between burning the candle at both ends (have done that), or just making a no frills honest living.

I somewhat envy the climber in the photo I got sent. He looks like nothing gets to him, and he is satisfied with his place in the world.

I tryed to get legetamate to set myself out from the hacks, weather they were White trash meth heads or hard working Wets and so far it has only cost me more money.

Mostly that's what it does...cost you money. The Fed. Gov. refuses to deport the illegals and we came out (they say we are out) of the recession living in what is referred to as the "new economy." We all know what the "new economy" is all about. I am doing everything I am supposed to do and many things I wouldn't have to do business wise and still have to compete with people that are not even in this country legally and are following NO rules.

Back