The Great WI 50cc Challenge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes just like the 5100 - - but a 50cc saw shouldn't handle that way. Oh wait the 5100 is just good for bucking - - - you know all that power and 3/8 chain and all! LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

Al :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Al If I needed a limbing saw it would be the 435 or 211.........:clap::clap:

I'd like to try a MS200 with the rear handle. They sure look nice, I hear they handle extremely well.

Scott

He he!

This thread is great. I know, that somewhere in North Carolina, TwoKay is blipping the throttle on his little HotRod 026 laughing his hiney off.

Dolmar 5100: ~ $400

Husqvarna 346XP: ~ $500

HotRod 026 with ole Brian at the controls: Priceless

ole joat

Niko, fatten up that low speed screw and it should liven up the trigger response.
I haven't noticed that being a problem on any 5100's.:chainsaw:

I did that immediately after the saw arrived from the US, as accelleration was sluggish, and it sure helped - but not enough for my liking.
Further fattening attempts later have not helped.

The saw is stock minus spark screen, as is my 346xp.

It is not a problem, and the saw sure is a good one - just not quite up to the hype that some post on here! :cheers:

Last edited:
Al If I needed a limbing saw it would be the 435 or 211.........:clap::clap:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::ices_rofl:

Suit yourself - I guess it depends on the type of limbs you have - but I sure wouldn't be content with that!

Limbing actually is the most time consuming cutting that I do in the woods - and also the most fun, when the saw is right!

This thread is great. I know, that somewhere in North Carolina, TwoKay is blipping the throttle on his little HotRod 026 laughing his hiney off.

Dolmar 5100: ~ $400

Husqvarna 346XP: ~ $500

HotRod 026 with ole Brian at the controls: Priceless

ole joat

Imo, the Husky is well worth the difference, and then some! :)

Imo, the Husky is well worth the difference, and then some! :)

I think Chevy demonstrated quite clearly in his video, that the amount of time saved, per limb, with the exhilarating acceleration the 346 has over a 5100 must equate to something like .00000000000000000000125 of a second. :dizzy:

:givebeer:

I think Chevy demonstrated quite clearly in his video, that the amount of time saved, per limb, with the exhilarating acceleration the 346 has over a 5100 must equate to something like .00000000000000000000125 of a second. :dizzy:

Yea ole saw troll must really value his time...

Probably.

But that's just enough time for the 5100 owner to reflect and say "why did I buy this doggy piece of crap?"

Enjoy the weekend guys I'm off to the woods up north!

Al :cheers:

But that's just enough time for the 5100 owner to reflect and say "why did I buy this doggy piece of crap?"

Enjoy the weekend guys I'm off to the woods up north!

Al :cheers:

Hmmmmmmmm...................I think the 026 pro will out cut a 346NE W/cat. ..........:clap::clap:

Talk about mutt ..........

He's trolling playing his flute...

I've been running the saw a little fat since the last modification. It was time to lean it out on the L setting. And get this saw sounding mean! The acceleration is now down to .00000000000000000000025 of a second difference:greenchainsaw:

I swing this hot rod in the bush and alls I can say is it's a lot of fun making noise in the canyon in the form of a hot rodded Dolmar 2 stroke:clap:

Same Canyon Oak with a fresh sharpening.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0grVhzlyUQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0grVhzlyUQQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That is BS, the difference is quite notisable - if not I would never have mentioned it!

Also remember that I am talking of stock saw (or close to stock), not modded ones! :greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
You guys putting us on? I mean, this thread isn't really still going is it? :givebeer:

It's by far the longest thread I've started. Starting to think the 5100 will need a new bar before this thread dies!

That is BS, the difference is quite notisable - if not I would never have mentioned it!

Also remember that I am talking of stock saw (or close to stock), not modded ones! :greenchainsaw:

Put me in the "not a noticable difference" camp. I just pull the trigger and put the bar in the wood, and the saw does it's thing beautifully. Maybe I just don't move fast enough to appreciate the 346? Or maybe as a 346 operator, you beleive the saw will stall if it's not right at the redline when you hit the wood? :poke:

Just havin' some fun with y'all - some people take this far too seriously! Go cut some wood or something!

For some reason, some members seem to get desperate when someone speaks up against the 5100S hype, and try to discuss 50cc saws in a sivil way! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

That behaviour destroys otherwise good threads - but I assume that the purpose is just that - to conseal the facts and the real discussinon in a lot of BS.

Sure it is a good saws, but not quite what some members here say that it is...........

Last edited:
Back