The MS200T alternative?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jefflovstrom

It was a beautiful day!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I dropped of a saw to have it checked out at Lawnmowers Plus Incorporated in San Marcos | Lawnmowers Plus Incorporated (760) 744-6761 & 289 S Pacific St, San Marcos, CA 92078 | <Home & Garden/Lawn & Garden/Equipment & Tools> - Yahoo! US Local,
These guy's are really great. I have been with these guy's for many year's, so they know me and would not 'pull my leg'.
So, I drop the saw and they are pushing the Echo CS-355T.
Got a demo and was impressed.
What do you guy's think?
Take in mind that this saw is being introduced for those that do not like the Stihl MS-201T.
I will probably get one next week and give it to my top guy and let you guy's know what he think's.
Jeff ;)

I dropped of a saw to have it checked out at Lawnmowers Plus Incorporated in San Marcos | Lawnmowers Plus Incorporated (760) 744-6761 & 289 S Pacific St, San Marcos, CA 92078 | <Home & Garden/Lawn & Garden/Equipment & Tools> - Yahoo! US Local,
These guy's are really great. I have been with these guy's for many year's, so they know me and would not 'pull my leg'.
So, I drop the saw and they are pushing the Echo CS-355T.
Got a demo and was impressed.
What do you guy's think?
Take in mind that this saw is being introduced for those that do not like the Stihl MS-201T.
I will probably get one next week and give it to my top guy and let you guy's know what he think's.
Jeff ;)

Dang Jeff, this post will bring every stihl lovin echo basher to the fore front again. That being said Im a big, modern day echo fan. My opinions are based on actual opperation of just about every saw on the market over the past 40. Granted the ms200t might be able to beat my cs330 by a second ( muffler mod) or two in a 6/8 inch piece of oak. If i make 85 cuts a day, which nobody does. Its savin me a grand total of about 2 minutes or half cigarette. If I were to buy a saw, at almost twice the price it better do more.

As I've stated in many stihl vs. echo, I have both saws on my truck, what saws get picked up and the most? The SHARP ones! Bet you thought I was gonna say Echo. If you thought that you were right.

Thats absolute bull#### dont walk but run away from the echo if its for commercial use (if its built like the 330t)... I have a 330t and though it is well balance, runs well and cuts pretty decent for the money. The Chain adjuster is built in to the plastic clutch cover and if you torque the saw the wrong way you are going to end up having to mickey mouse the thing with washers to get it to actually allow you to get the chain to a acceptable level. For the money for a back up its fine but as a daily work saw I would not depend on it.

This is funny, I was just thinking about asking for an alternative 200t.

Here it is

255882d1349557316-img_2529-jpg
View attachment 255882

I am not talking about a 330T,
Jeff ;)

well go buy it then... you will lose more money on production with your climbers using inferior saws then you will ever gain for being cheap... the 355t exploded parts view looks almost identical to the 330t. If you read my reply I mentioned that "if its built like the 330t" I am only suggesting you look at it first. But if that adjuster is in the same plastic channel in the clutch cover I bet you my 330t that you will be kicking yourself later. If you havent noticed I am not preaching to only buy a stihl or any other particular saw... just that I believe you should think twice before buying the echo. But then again your buying for a pretty good size company who could afford to experiment and its not your money so then maybe you should buy it.

well go buy it then... you will lose more money on production with your climbers using inferior saws then you will ever gain for being cheap... the 355t exploded parts view looks almost identical to the 330t. If you read my reply I mentioned that "if its built like the 330t" I am only suggesting you look at it first. But if that adjuster is in the same plastic channel in the clutch cover I bet you my 330t that you will be kicking yourself later. If you havent noticed I am not preaching to only buy a stihl or any other particular saw... just that I believe you should think twice before buying the echo. But then again your buying for a pretty good size company who could afford to experiment and its not your money so then maybe you should buy it.

I hear you. I just said I was thinking about getting one, not out-fitting my climber's with them. Thanks for the info.
Jeff ;)

I would like to hear what you think. I know they are a pain in the butt to gas and oil. The holes are smaller then the stihls

I was thinking about switching over to these,LOL. You guys seen the infomercial on these, OMG! Someone is going to get hurt using one.

JawSaw

I have 2 Echos, CS400, actually have turned out to be pretty good little saws, run really good, great for the groundies. I agree with SOM, the way they have the chain tightener, is not the greatest, but haven't had any problems..............yet.

I'm waiting to see what this T540 is all about (if they ever arrive). My dealer says $639 with a 14" bar and chain, $649 with a 16". Better be something at that rate.

I bought the first 201 out of my local shop. It's been in the shop more than out. Crank seals, several carbs, a few re-tunings. It's a piece of ####. Nice saw for a geek and light user but not able to stand up to everyday, heavy use. I've picked up 3 spare 200's since and will continue to buy every one I come across.

I really like the 338 husky I have never ran anything other the still , but I have to say it runs well and has been reliable for almost 6 months and believe me we don't baby saws period ! As a matter of fact 2 years is usually about it , so I will let ya know again in 16 months the true outcome

Latest posts

Back