The new Kuuma install

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfarms

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
View attachment 215125View attachment 215126View attachment 215127

Been heating our 1800 square foot farmhouse with the new Kuuma 100 Vaporfire since early fall and have not one bad thing to say about it. It gives off a very even heat and have been loading it every 12 hours. There is no creosote in the pipe and chimney. Load it and forget it!!! Heats the domestic hot water to!

Nice set up. Heating the DHW seems to really pile on the savings.:rock:

Mr. HE:cool:

I'd be nervous having an open return below the barometric damper. If that chimney would cool and the draft weaken you could be in trouble. There's a possibility of bringing combustion products into the home and through the ductwork. I would tie into the return of the ductwork. Other than that, looks good. Have you measured temperature outputs from the registers?

Mine will be here in a couple of weeks, can't wait. Are you running hot water to a tempering tank or direct to the water heater?

I'd be nervous having an open return below the barometric damper. If that chimney would cool and the draft weaken you could be in trouble. There's a possibility of bringing combustion products into the home and through the ductwork. I would tie into the return of the ductwork. Other than that, looks good. Have you measured temperature outputs from the registers?

That is something I hadn't thought of....mmm....thanks for thinking of it. No I haven't measured the temps at the registers. Plenum high limit is set at 110 which keeps the fan from cycling so often. And it is 76 in here this morning, so it is working pretty nicely!!!

76 degrees in your space whats the T-stat set at? Do you want it that hot in there? I am looking into a kuuma as well but if it gets that hot in the house, no way I'd rather be cold than sweat my balls off.

76 degrees in your space whats the T-stat set at? Do you want it that hot in there? I am looking into a kuuma as well but if it gets that hot in the house, no way I'd rather be cold than sweat my balls off.

Only got that warm because I was "experimenting"!!!

Thanks for the info. My twin red head teenagers would kill me if I had the house that hot. I can't do anything right to them even if everything is perfect. Can't wait till 14 becomes 20.

Back