The Next Build Off Saw????? What About A Chinese Chainsaw?????

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess the 99 buck chinese ones just need more woods reports, all i ever see is they are in yard sales and c l as only used one time?This could get interesting , would love to see the video of the extreme torture test where they put v belt pulley on in place of sprocket and run a chicken barn fan with it for a tank full :eek:uttahere2:

I will soon as it gets here! I could send it down to you guys to check out too if you like?

I'd appreciate it if you would run it a few tanks worth and give us a review. As far as I know, you are the first one to bite to bullet and shell out the cabbage for one of them.

If it lasts for a cord of wood I'd say they would be fun for a build....

I'd appreciate it if you would run it a few tanks worth and give us a review. As far as I know, you are the first one to bite to bullet and shell out the cabbage for one of them.

If it lasts for a cord of wood I'd say they would be fun for a build....

I could do that.I will keep you posted on it.Just don't ask me to baby it :hmm3grin2orange:

Yes the majority of 'no-name' chinese saws are based on the Redmax G5000 which is a pro saw (alloy/mag crankcase). The displacements range from 45-62cc. I own a few of them which I bought many years ago, $50-$100 seemed pretty cheap at the time and I have cut several tons of firewood with them. But now that I own real saws they don't get used much any more. The only major issue so far was a tank vent rubber which didn't seal properly.

A friend of mine actually uses these chainsaw engines in miniature drone aircraft he built for a search and rescue project. He says that with a few mods like adjusting timing, etc he got a good increase in power.

Oh yeah and I think it would be a cool cheap build off saw :msp_thumbup:

Yes the majority of 'no-name' chinese saws are based on the Redmax G5000 which is a pro saw (alloy/mag crankcase). The displacements range from 45-62cc. I own a few of them which I bought many years ago, $50-$100 seemed pretty cheap at the time and I have cut several tons of firewood with them. But now that I own real saws they don't get used much any more. The only major issue so far was a tank vent rubber which didn't seal properly.

A friend of mine actually uses these chainsaw engines in miniature drone aircraft he built for a search and rescue project. He says that with a few mods like adjusting timing, etc he got a good increase in power.

Oh yeah and I think it would be a cool cheap build off saw :msp_thumbup:

Thanks for the report. This is helping a bunch with making up my mind.

Thanks you Sir!!!!

I had one of these that a friend of mine gave me cause it barely had enough power to keep the clutch engaged.Chainsaw 18" - 45cc Viper Engine - Detail information for Chainsaw 18" - 45cc Viper Engine
I gave it a woods port & left the base gasket out & it became a respectable lil saw. The design was that of a smaller pro saw, but the fit & finish was not the best.

I think cutting the squishband & the right porting would make it a lil screamer.

I had one of these that a friend of mine gave me cause it barely had enough power to keep the clutch engaged.Chainsaw 18" - 45cc Viper Engine - Detail information for Chainsaw 18" - 45cc Viper Engine
I gave it a woods port & left the base gasket out & it became a respectable lil saw. The design was that of a smaller pro saw, but the fit & finish was not the best.

I think cutting the squishband & the right porting would make it a lil screamer.

The only part left in the air, is the quality of materials, and the manufacturing technology...
We know the Chinese are building in the 70's... A bit behind....

When the thing I bought gets here I will take a bunch of pics when I tear it down.I am not near as good of judge of stuff as a lot of you guys are.Maybe that will help a little?Plus just run the crap out of it. :hmm3grin2orange:

I'm really wanting to do the rice burner thing.
smiley-vault-character-286.gif

Latest posts

Back