The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This ash will start to split on the landing in a matter of hours if its dry weather. When its quite you can hear it popping and splitting the same with red oak to. I cut some Hard maple today 26" and snow white

This ash will start to split on the landing in a matter of hours if its dry weather. When its quite you can hear it popping and splitting the same with red oak to. I cut some Hard maple today 26" and snow white

if ya can leave um in the shade. hard maple sommin I never been around. all we got is swamp red maple, pallet logs.

I'm sure ash has one of the lower moisture contents .......that may have something to do with it

if ya can leave um in the shade. hard maple sommin I never been around. all we got is swamp red maple, pallet logs.

Oh you mean those garbage maple that have like 4 to 5 sticks all growing off one stump ...usually in a twisted contorted manner so as not able to be cut by any means that are sane and or conventional?

Oh you mean those garbage maple that have like 4 to 5 sticks all growing off one stump ...usually in a twisted contorted manner so as not able to be cut by any means that are sane and or conventional?

You tried pie cutting them ?

If you run across any maple here, you know you are near an old house place. I have only cut 6 this year. Ya know...the grade goes as #4! I thought they would be pretty, these looked like a cross between a sycamore and a tuplelo...kinda ugly

I'm sure ash has one of the lower moisture contents .......that may have something to do with it

Very dry wood. When I would have to chip it with the model 30 I would have to open the hood up every 2 load just to clean the knives off . It has some sort of weird sap it gummed up the knives and made that chipper bog right down. Same with saw chain..

Latest posts

Back