The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang HuskStihl...is that you with the chops?? LOL! Good stuff that propane...:cool2:

Actually if that is you singing, pretty good really! Buck Cherry has a high register that would be hard to reach! Nice! :msp_thumbup:

D A M N!!!! That is long slick timber!!! You all have something against limbs??? LOL! Meh...it just hangin' over a wee bit! :hmm3grin2orange:

We couldn't get that load around the curves down here! LOL! Damn nice work there slayer!!! :msp_thumbup:

Oh what I'd give to be falling those sticks ...........I juss got nasty un co-operative ones here

I figured you was stretched out pretty good! We had Tulip Poplar that was slick like that back in Louisville, Ky. No poplar here at all...well none that I know of. Do you guys just go to a certain top size and let the mills cut it at whatever they want? I figure long ass'd sticks like that bring a better price. Seems like it would give the mill the best range of lengths to play with.

I figured you was stretched out pretty good! We had Tulip Poplar that was slick like that back in Louisville, Ky. No poplar here at all...well none that I know of. Do you guys just go to a certain top size and let the mills cut it at whatever they want? I figure long ass'd sticks like that bring a better price. Seems like it would give the mill the best range of lengths to play with.

top about 10" these will be cut up to go in containers for export. all but the top logs, they be pallet saw.

That's a big load of logs there.

The heat here has been rough today. Supposed to be around 90° all week. :help:

Hey there busted! You been doing alright?

Hey check this #### out! I ran out of saw gas at 6 am this morning. So me and the skidder OP went to the gas hole. As we were cruising through a tiny town going to the next tiny town, I look over and see a dude at Jess Wason's grocery w/o a shirt on peering into the front door. I was like, "Dude, was that tweaker breaking in to Jess's??" I mean we're talking broad daylight by now...people going by and ####. So we went to the gas station and when we were coming back by Jess's the dude was still there but out by the gas pumps. So I had to run a little further down the street to the boss's and grab a case of bar oil. The mechanic called and was going to meet us at Jess's with some hydro oil. So when we pull up the officer under the Sheriff was talking to the guy. The guy was actually walking around the building pointing stuff out to the cop.

Come to find out, someone had just that morning broke into the cafe just about a 1/4 mile up the road also! Anyway, long story short, we leave and come back, noticing the guy was gone and the cop was still there. I swing in there and ask why he let that dude go? The cop said he had to make a case first because the guy was acting like he was saving the day by noticing the store front door was bashed in with a rock...LOL! The guy was tweaking so hard and so gorked out that he had shown the cop the actual rock that was used...hmmmm! Anyway, I started in with, "When we were driving by and...." The cop was like you saw something???? LOL! We were like yeah...that dude messing around here at 6 this morning and he was up by the front door.

Anyway, that was the first time I had ever driven by someone actively breaking in a store. I was "IN" a convenient store back home in Kentucky at around 2am one night when it was held up!!! LOL! The store manager wanted me and my buddies to run the theif down....HA! Piss on that!

what ya'll do today? it's hot man.

Yeh...95* today. Didn't feel too bad but I got nausiated on my way home. Man...I ain't getting pulled yet off this tract! I want to go hit the biggens! Evidently nothing is confirmed on the FS tornado damaged tract, therefore the pine yard isn't opening but to just a few loads...so I need to stay where I am at and knock out this oak and keep the money coming in. Now I find out that there is a problem with the over size pine....down South won't accept over 37"....not good!

Yeh...95* today. Didn't feel too bad but I got nausiated on my way home. Man...I ain't getting pulled yet off this tract! I want to go hit the biggens! Evidently nothing is confirmed on the FS tornado damaged tract, therefore the pine yard isn't opening but to just a few loads...so I need to stay where I am at and knock out this oak and keep the money coming in. Now I find out that there is a problem with the over size pine....down South won't accept over 37"....not good!

:msp_scared:what? oversize a good thing.

I know...right??? The mill we ship to is Weyerhaeuser...I mean come on!!! LOL! Multi million dollar setup and can't take any fatties! LOL! No..I can totally understand why...can you imagine how hard it is to saw a whopper pine from sitting in yer office on the 2nd floor?? LOL! computers....THH!

View attachment 301685View attachment 301686
wew, long day. got these two loads out loaded and one delivered. that long load had 86,000 gross.
to much over hang really, but lucky the dot nowhere around. cut tracks four inches deep and it's rumbling now. prolly gonna rain some more.

Thats how to get er done boss DANG!!! If they caught your old man with that load they would have someones sack on a skillet!!!! lol Nice load buddy.

Latest posts

Back