The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All the good marketable pine is planted pine. They don't let pine get this big down there. I have never seen any this big...

This timber exists because it is hella steep rough ground and I heard it might be land locked with the FS. Like my boss said, this is a s close as we have to OG timber. He said today the oak is as big as a skidder tire where that pine is. I think once all the road building and the ERC crew is finished, I should be able to move to it. Heck now that I think of it... the damn oak is going to be hard to sell also due to size1 however I know of a couple mills who run double over head 60"s so maybe we can go there with it. Everything is so dry and evrybody is working that equals lots of logs at the mills right now!

Finished welding on the 8 and test ran it for 2 or 3 hours out back of my place and marked out some trees. Gonna cut a load between mine and my neighbors. Should have it all out by tomorrow afternoon. I have to throw the floor plates and belly pans back on the 8 first thing in the morning. It was fun running it with no floor plates.. I greased up that stubby drive shaft between the torque converter and the trans and it threw the excess right up in my face lol. Ohwell..

Last edited by a moderator:
All the good marketable pine is planted pine. They don't let pine get this big down there. I have never seen any this big...

This timber exists because it is hella steep rough ground and I heard it might be land locked with the FS. Like my boss said, this is a s close as we have to OG timber. He said today the oak is as big as a skidder tire where that pine is. I think once all the road building and the ERC crew is finished, I should be able to move to it. Heck now that I think of it... the damn oak is going to be hard to sell also due to size1 however I know of a couple mills who run double over head 60"s so maybe we can go there with it. Everything is so dry and evrybody is working that equals lots of logs at the mills right now!

He needs to hurry up and get you that 660r:msp_biggrin:

He needs to hurry up and get you that 660r:msp_biggrin:

I know!! I think it will be this week hopefully. I was thinking what a brat I will be if he just goes and gets a regular 660! I will be like, "but I wanted the one with the cool handle and the H/O oiler and the dual ported exhaust and stuff :msp_sad:"! LOL!

opposite here, its wet and everyone is screaming for logs. round with bark on it, they want it. shame there is no exporter there, them big oak would bring good money.

Finished welding on the 8 and test ran it for 2 or 3 hours out back of my place and marked out some trees. Gonna cut a load between mine and my neighbors. Should have it all out by tomorrow afternoon. I have to throw the floor plates and belly pans back on the 8 first thing in the morning. It was fun running it with no floor plates.. I greased up that stubby drive shaft between the torque converter and the trans and it threw the excess right up in my face lol. Ohwell..

so ya think ya got that leak fixed up?

It still has a slow weeper but not like it was. I am going to get some texas refineries trans/hydraulic oil for it. I use the grease the TRC 880 crown and chassis grease. So the sales man said it will slow down if not stop that leak. I dont know if I truely believe that but I will try it. $65 for a 5 gallon pal of it. So not any worse than buying hydro/trans oil from deere or ih.. they want a fortune for that hytran ....

It still has a slow weeper but not like it was. I am going to get some texas refineries trans/hydraulic oil for it. I use the grease the TRC 880 crown and chassis grease. So the sales man said it will slow down if not stop that leak. I dont know if I truely believe that but I will try it. $65 for a 5 gallon pal of it. So not any worse than buying hydro/trans oil from deere or ih.. they want a fortune for that hytran ....

never heard of them. local napa sells for 48 a 5 gal. what ya usualy run? hytran? I run atf dexron in the clarks. easy to see leaks with the red stuff.

never heard of them. local napa sells for 48 a 5 gal. what ya usualy run? hytran? I run atf dexron in the clarks. easy to see leaks with the red stuff.

I usually run the hytran but lately its been the tractor supply stuff. Im gonna try that TRC stuff I like the grease .. that stuff stays where ya put it. for $6.50 a tube it better ya know.

I know!! I think it will be this week hopefully. I was thinking what a brat I will be if he just goes and gets a regular 660! I will be like, "but I wanted the one with the cool handle and the H/O oiler and the dual ported exhaust and stuff :msp_sad:"! LOL!

it needs to be with the cool handle and stuff:greenchainsaw:

I hear the wallenda dude made it across the wire.. I says nuts... I was hoping for some carnage.... quick drop and sudden stop n stuff lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back