The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen that happen. The mill didn't fail the load but we had to send a guy and a saw up there to trim off all the pig's ears. Picky, picky, picky.

Usually it's just a reoccurring problem unless there were 3inch knobs all the way around. If that were the case I'd fail it too even if it were just one load. Should say have someone come in and clean it up. Usually were pretty good about that stuff unless it's just blatant then the problems start.

per
Oops, when I thought out the math, I had to undo the like. A PNW style log truck kinda hauls close to 10 cords gross or rounding up 5 mbf. So, that would be $200 mbf. Don't make me think in CCF, please....

well 10 cord at 100 a cord is 1000, right, well the truck gets 3-500 off the top, leaving at best 700 split 2 ways leaving me with $350, and a diesel bill, and skidder parts, and saw parts, and insurance... and short 2 days.

hello......i'm a lurker?
That's ironic. A minute ago I almost referred to "not quite as handsome mike" as "handsome mike" as the original had been banned by his wife! Good to see you Sir, I've been back on here for a few weeks with zero virus/malware issues. Hope you and your family are well

per

well 10 cord at 100 a cord is 1000, right, well the truck gets 3-500 off the top, leaving at best 700 split 2 ways leaving me with $350, and a diesel bill, and skidder parts, and saw parts, and insurance... and short 2 days.

or in 2 days you can buck and split the 10 cords in between jobs and sell for 200-240 a cord ,it's all in how you do the numbers :D with a helper of course , no way i'd wanna do 10 cord in 2 days myself

Just received my "Nate Dogg's" for the 394. They look like some sort of 80's ninja weapon, which is a very good thing. Pics in the saw later. Morning Jake, I'm alternating between taking stuff outta people and giving questionable advice on the homeowner helper forum
I'm home sick again today. . . Lookin forward to pics. Sure hope the dern things werk and fit right.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Just received my "Nate Dogg's" for the 394. They look like some sort of 80's ninja weapon, which is a very good thing. Pics in the saw later. Morning Jake, I'm alternating between taking stuff outta people and giving questionable advice on the homeowner helper forum

Got mine in too! I should have ordered (a long time ago) the mounting hardware for the outer spike on both saws! No big deal cause I need a bunch of nick nacks!

Good deal Jon. My holes lined up but the top left ( rounded part ) needs to be ground to clear the muffler.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
image.jpg
Good deal Jon. My holes lined up but the top left ( rounded part ) needs to be ground to clear the muffler.
On mine the screw holding the "chain bumper thingy" on wouldn't clear the case, so I countersunk it and ground the head down a few milimeters

Jon, besides the catcher screw, was there any other mounting issues? I templated these without a saw in hand -- which is pretty tough.

Like Jake was saying, the upper portion (rear) of the inner was hitting his muffler a little.

They certainly do make the saw look tough!

Wait, you could have mounted the catcher to the outer dog and not had to countersink or grind. . . Right?

Wait, you could have mounted the catcher to the outer dog and not had to countersink or grind. . . Right?

Could have I guess. I like it where it is, and grinding down the head was no big deal. No other issues on mine. The front bar bolt doesn't go thru the dawg as it does on the stock, but I don't see this as a problem. Jakes muffler must be bent. Take it off and tap it with something:eek:

"Conversation" me how you would like to receive remuneration as I am very satisfied with the kick-ass product:rock:

Latest posts

Back