The "Not So Pro" discussion thread...of course Pros are welcome!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been going thru and reducing the pile since august. I took a truckload of ewaste to recycle and so far 3 explorer & 1 truck to goodwill.

Jeez lol oh well traveling lite supposed to be good lol..............hope ya check what war dept giving away lol.........I been caught that way ................and not cool going to goodwill to buy it back lol

If you get to the point of buying a machine, you'll get itchy to quit your other job. That and its tough to convince a bank to give you a loan if you are only doing something on the side. Not saying you're going the bank route, but you get the jist. The itch doesn't go away.

That itch you speak of is more like a tooth ache that won't go away without drastic measures...

like an ice skate and large rock...

I'm putting feelers out trying to find some kind of contract work, unfortunately no one answers the phone around here and very few if any call back. I'm hoping to be done clocking in within the next year or two and go logging full time.

There is a factory mentality with the people who work inside all day, sort of like rats in a cage. They know they can get out but life is better inside, they don't have to try everything is provided as long as you spin your little wheel.

Jeez lol oh well traveling lite supposed to be good lol..............hope ya check what war dept giving away lol.........I been caught that way ................and not cool going to goodwill to buy it back lol

we have been working together on that. she used to play "my dad gave us that" but what about the bullet hole?

That itch you speak of is more like a tooth ache that won't go away without drastic measures...

I'm putting feelers out trying to find some kind of contract work, unfortunately no one answers the phone around here and very few if any call back. I'm hoping to be done clocking in within the next year or two and go logging full time.

There is a factory mentality with the people who work inside all day, sort of like rats in a cage. They know they can get out but life is better inside, they don't have to try everything is provided as long as you spin your little wheel.

Good to hear!

There is a factory mentality with the people who work inside all day, sort of like rats in a cage. They know they can get out but life is better inside, they don't have to try everything is provided as long as you spin your little wheel.[/QUOTE]

and there in lies the problem. spinning the wheel = dog and pony show.

There is a factory mentality with the people who work inside all day, sort of like rats in a cage. They know they can get out but life is better inside, they don't have to try everything is provided as long as you spin your little wheel.[/QUOTE]

and there in lies the problem. spinning the wheel = dog and pony show.

Hence the country short on folks that can work outside .......as they not used to it

Not lazy. I talked to a guy who works in a cubicle as a computer programmer. He does trail maintenance on the weekend. He says he gets into a different world when at work, and before he knows it, the day is over. It sounds strange, but I guess he likes it. I remind folks who want to work in the outdoors that it isn't always sunny days and flowers. But, every day is a picnic in the woods, rain, wind, snow or sun.

What I tell her is ........you no clue what it costs to ship all that crap lol...................then she goes in the huff an I have to cook my own supper lol

that sucs lol.

IMO to much placed on high tech these days and not enough on the things that actually keep the country moving ......but that juss my opinion lol

I agree 100% to much fluff and to many middle men tryin to make a buck on the same commodity. we have got to get back to common sense. got to throttle back this big gov.t too.

What I tell her is ........you no clue what it costs to ship all that crap lol...................then she goes in the huff an I have to cook my own supper lol

Not lazy. I talked to a guy who works in a cubicle as a computer programmer. He does trail maintenance on the weekend. He says he gets into a different world when at work, and before he knows it, the day is over. It sounds strange, but I guess he likes it. I remind folks who want to work in the outdoors that it isn't always sunny days and flowers. But, every day is a picnic in the woods, rain, wind, snow or sun.

I was referring to folks that that think it better to do nothing than work for less than they think they worth. nothing wrong with that fellow, he trying to get ahead.

Morning Men! Just got back in from huntin' with Colt. Seen a little scrub buck...I almost pulled the trigger on him, Colt froze up wouldn't even shoulder his gun and about the time I was about to squeeze the trigger the litle buck decided it was time to skidaddle.

Factories SUCK BAD! I worked in one for 2 weeks...I could hear the buzzing from the flourescent lights...heck with working in doors.

Dang Rob, I didn't know you don't have work yet. What are ya wanting to do?

Latest posts

Back