The Official, 2nd. Annual Pennsylvania Spring GTG (May 9, 2015)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Brett, I got a question or 3,..
Sounds like your coming again, you gonna bring jeepy with ya ??
You gonna pack along a bike saw or 2 ??
Most important, since this is your cup of tea ............ Are you hearing any pricing changes/drops in asphalt due to the drop in crude prices ???
Last year ID3 (I think) was $62 bucks a ton here....(mighta been top)
I need about 320 ton of ID3 to do my driveway "right"..........Or, base and top, which would probably work out about the same in cost..
thread derail....jeepy is supposed to come with me...we got bids going out right now based on last years prices with a price index change on per ton cost the plants wont give us a firm price until mid april I know you have a long driveway but I would go with at least 2.5 in type 3 binder and 1.5 in type 7 top...or for a little less cost a min of 3 in type 3 binder as a finished product it will have a course texture but give you the strength...those are compacted thickness. we could bring the bikesaws if you had some 16-18 inch wood set up solid so it doesn't move......now back to chainsaws:chainsaw:

Sounds like we're adding some new events to this years GTG,,,, that's cool !!!

So far, need a thick cookie elevated for axes..........(shoulda saved that 200 pounder Brett cut off of that maple last year)

And 16-18" immovable wood for the bike saw...........No problem there, I'll build up some cribbing and elevate a 17,000 pound backhoe on top of it .....

So far, need a thick cookie elevated for axes..........(shoulda saved that 200 pounder Brett cut off of that maple last year)

And 16-18" immovable wood for the bike saw...........No problem there, I'll build up some cribbing and elevate a 17,000 pound backhoe on top of it .....
Too bad you don't have anything to cut a big cookie. :(

Im going to put the event on the calandar. Ill plan on bringing a painted axe target if i can make it. Fyi sycamore makes the best target. It never splits.

Im going to put the event on the calandar. Ill plan on bringing a painted axe target if i can make it. Fyi sycamore makes the best target. It never splits.

I'll see if i can bring one of the single or two man race crosscut saws from school. Id have it all summer then since last day of school is May 8th!

I went to the local dealer today to see about the vp fuel . They have the 5 gallon 94 obtain pre mix for 79$ the owner is going to get back to me in the beginning of the weak with a price on a bulk order . He thinks it will be 10 or better and guessed at about 65 $ for the unmixed 5 gallon containers of vp 94 . If anyone is interested in a possible group order please pm me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI, if you live close to a small drag strip or circle track, they ussually have 94 by the gallon, even in the off season for tuning. In your area there's also a monster truck builder that had it when I lived in Berwick. I can't for the life of me remember his name....

FYI, if you live close to a small drag strip or circle track, they ussually have 94 by the gallon, even in the off season for tuning. In your area there's also a monster truck builder that had it when I lived in Berwick. I can't for the life of me remember his name....
I have easy access to avgas and I'm happy with it . I was just thinking for you fellas that wanted the vp . 5 gallons of the mix stuff for 70$ is a lot better than 8-10 for a quart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back