the official arborist site work saw build off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know if I'll get to make it but the saw will get there one way or another.

tlandrum2002 building for chris j
blsnelling building for jacob j
treeslinger building for tlandrum2002
simonizer building for river rat 2
komatsuvarna
blowncrewcab built by tlandrum2002
blood on the ice
barnyrb
mdavlee
andyshine77
blsnelling building for nmurph
wiggleworth
hillbilly22 built by eric copsey

come on guys theres got to be more of you grinding on saws

Hey Hillbilly 22, just curious as to what mods if any you have done to that 2171. I have a stock 2171 that already runs pretty good as is. Good luck with your saw and I will be looking forward to hear how it turns out.

Yeah I've got numbers on mine but don't want to get too crazy before the popup is in. I'll try to get some pictures of the cylinder later tonight. I might even put a video up of it stock.

ok got guys my saw done. Is it ok that it's only 65cc's? I just need to put the screen back over the muffler opening & retune the carb for cutting firewood.
[video=youtube;BDDwe6eREss]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDDwe6eREss[/video]

:hmm3grin2orange: just kidding.

Last edited:
Hey Hillbilly 22, just curious as to what mods if any you have done to that 2171. I have a stock 2171 that already runs pretty good as is. Good luck with your saw and I will be looking forward to hear how it turns out.

I havent done any mods to it. Eric Copsey built it for me.

ok got guys my saw done. Is it ok that it's only 65cc's? I just need to put the screen back over the muffler opening & retune the carb for cutting firewood.

I think you might have a ringer there. :dizzy:

JD you need to get wendell down here with that 2171. I would like to run it again.:msp_biggrin:

We have to twist his arm a little. That would be a good saw to get in this deal. It is a strong runner.

Well, now that is a possibility. JD, you taking the scooter or would you have room for one more?

So, I'll toss my 2171 into the ring, work done by mdavlee.

Who built that saw in the video? Type of wood? :msp_w00t:

TreeMonkey did the saw and that is him running it. As I recall it was oak but I could be wrong. It is the most impressive saw I have ever seen although my 7901 almost kept up with it.

Well, now that is a possibility. JD, you taking the scooter or would you have room for one more?

So, I'll toss my 2171 into the ring, work done by mdavlee.

TreeMonkey did the saw and that is him running it. As I recall it was oak but I could be wrong. It is the most impressive saw I have ever seen although my 7901 almost kept up with it.

Does he call that saw a worksaw, or was it built for cutting cookies?

I think you might have a ringer there. :dizzy:

looks like a good saw it might win this contest but i don't know it kinda early yet to know for sure LOL

I have a jonservarna 3171 if someone is DYING to grind on a cyl.... :laugh:

It would win the ugliest saw contest, that i'm pretty darn sure of!

If anyone is needing parts, shoot me a PM. I should have a spare cyl somewhere, as well..

J

I'll talk to a very formidable builder in TN that stopped porting saws a while back, but his dad still does I think. I'll see if he will toss a saw into the mix.

Terry if you're going to make 5 cuts with every saw you might need a 50 ft log to cut on. I think there's going to be plenty of saws there for a turnout.:clap:

yes i was thinking jd was going to have to cut thin cookies to get it all done in 1 log. when i know just exactly how many saws are going to be in the mix i will allow about 10 inches of cut per saw and figure how long it needs to be i may have to get more than 1. i had also thought about tieing 4 10 x 10 hardwood cant together so that every saw was cutting exactly the same size wood

Last edited:
That might be the best thing to make cuts on a couple logs.

i had also thought about tieing 4 10 x 10 hardwood cant together so that every saw was cutting exactly the same size wood

I thought about that too. It could be hard to find a log thats the same size long enough enough for all the saws., or 2 thats the same size.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back