The Redundant Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Robin, you ever see the big pipes at Niagra Falls, American side? They bored tunnels on both sides and rerouted the water from Lake Erie through the tunnels to run turbines at the lower level toward Lake Ontario.
Great picts of the Loch!

Nope... I've never been to Niagra Falls but sounds like the same type of set up..

Yep a beautiful place......it was pretty early in the morning and, as you can see quite overcast....but it always is in the highlands....hardly ever see the tops of the mountains.....

kurupa_lake.JPG

Great pics Jerry, somewhere in Canada?View attachment 430947

Northern Alaska, a pilot friend and myself just lake hopped one day and followed some rivers, the weather didn`t always cooperate and there were thousands of forest fires burning all over that summer. I don`t even remember all the names of the lakes any more, should have written down the ones we landed on but didn`t and I don`t know if I could spell them correctly as most had names based on the Original Peoples names for them

Robin, those picts are great and drive home the vision I always had of the mists rolling in from the sea on that coastline. That`s the way I always heard from my elders growing up and then much later I began seeing picts of the Isles , mostly the Isle of Skye. Dad had a good friend that came from there and lived here the rest of his life.

Robin, those picts are great and drive home the vision I always had of the mists rolling in from the sea on that coastline. That`s the way I always heard from my elders growing up and then much later I began seeing picts of the Isles , mostly the Isle of Skye. Dad had a good friend that came from there and lived here the rest of his life.

It's quite a unique part of the world....it's all beautiful in a wild sort of way...different places = different beauty...and for such a small area compared to this continent......You kinda have go to The Isle of Skye to get up the west side of the main island....ferry over, drive the length of it and then back across the bridge back to the mainland. Few pics of where the ferry leaves from and the trip over.....

Honeymoon October 2013 257.JPG Honeymoon October 2013 258.JPG Honeymoon October 2013 260.JPG Honeymoon October 2013 262.JPG Honeymoon October 2013 269.JPG

I thought we got a lot of fog and mist here on this coast but I bet they get much more, I notice few trees on the hills there.

Well...it's funny.......there be trees...and then there be no trees....then there be clear cuts...then forests....these are coming into Skye....you can see where they did cut.......guide said all the trees in Scotland got cut for the war effort in WWI.......for munitions boxes........most trees you see were planted in the 20's and 30's........but the nobles planted wild stuff from all over the world around their castles....

Honeymoon October 2013 270.JPG Honeymoon October 2013 271.JPG

Back