The Redundant Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my test log off the ground! Need another support under it to make it stable. Found a friend in my wood pile!
743d4c00e174b916968db4434df118f5.jpg
216ebac681909d4a5c6e449f76751fec.jpg
Chainsaw guru and a snake wrangler. Your quite the man Dan !!!

Went to a graduation party last Sunday. This is me and my 2 favorite girls. My wife Big Red and my step daughter Kylie. View attachment 430089
Very handsome family, and great picture, but just curious. Is this a high school graduation, Kylie looks way too young for HS, but then again the older I get, the younger everybody else looks:)

What in the flyin' hell is a deer thinking? When you think about it, there's not much convenience in crawling into the bottom of a canoe.

The more I look at that the more it looks like someone filled it with dirt to make a planter in their yard.

Yeah, tiney hooves and curved aluminum poor traction.

Very handsome family, and great picture, but just curious. Is this a high school graduation, Kylie looks way too young for HS, but then again the older I get, the younger everybody else looks:)
Not a party for Kylie. Friends of the wife's party. Still have a few years of torture left before high school starts for her. Those two are turning my hair gray. LOL

They even know a little bit about proper boating safety. The larger, heavier one is seated in the center.
The dark soil they are laying on has absorbed a good deal of heat from the sun shining on it and is likely warmer than the ground outside the canoe, makes a nice warm spot to lay down on.

After taking this pic yesterday, note the reflection of the cloud in the water.
Is that old man winter?
Its Kusawa Lake that is emptied by the Takini River here in the Yukon.View attachment 430400

I'm gonna say.........Yes John....I think that's just who it is......I've seen him before.....

A couple more from Loch Lomond.....the first pic is a hydro/electric plant....interesting way of doing it......those large pipes go steeply up the mountain to a certain point, then they bore through the mountain to access a Loch (Lake) at a higher elevation......that's what gives the head pressure to spin the turbines....like a natural hydro dam....

The last pic is of a little island in the Loch....it's called "Honeymoon Island" where, traditionally, the locals go to spend their wedding night......

Honeymoon October 2013 080.JPG Honeymoon October 2013 087.JPG Honeymoon October 2013 101.JPG Honeymoon October 2013 103.JPG Honeymoon October 2013 098.JPG

Robin, you ever see the big pipes at Niagra Falls, American side? They bored tunnels on both sides and rerouted the water from Lake Erie through the tunnels to run turbines at the lower level toward Lake Ontario.
Great picts of the Loch!

Back