The Skidder Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since ya asked so nicely for em, here's the missus at work. Got the wifey to come out and play, thought I would be alone all day but the partner showed up and we did get most of a load on the landing by the end of the day.

she looks good nm, ya paint her or get her that way? ain't seen a A model in a while, sumin diff. on the back or jus way they made?

she looks good nm, ya paint her or get her that way? ain't seen a A model in a while, sumin diff. on the back or jus way they made?

I painted her up, was sort of a brown/black with bits of mustard yellow peeking though. I thought she was covered in rust when I first saw her.

As far the log bumper is concerned... previous owners took it off for some reason? When she comes home for winter I'll build up a better version of whats on there now, something with some real fenders and maybe not big raker looking things with craptastic welds that like to hook winch lines and never let go... (ask me how I know!)

Speaking of craptastic welds... the blade has got some really ugly welds on it too, that cracked, despite the 600 cover passes... I'll have to fix that sometime in the future as well.

My fuel inj pump was leaking at the throttle body. Seemed like I was going through more fuel than normal, but it didn't dawn on me until I had to replace a throttle cable and saw it dripping. At idle and higher speeds it did not leak.

My TD8E dresser. Its a good little machine it will pull like mad for being small. It does really well in close quarters.

A few of the c5d, its been a great skidder. Friday it blew a bearing in the front differential and did alot of damage, probably need a whole carrier assm :msp_thumbdn: Got it out today. Hopefully it will be back running by the end of the week.

My fuel inj pump was leaking at the throttle body. Seemed like I was going through more fuel than normal, but it didn't dawn on me until I had to replace a throttle cable and saw it dripping. At idle and higher speeds it did not leak.

bitz, what motor? I've heard the low sulfar fuel is hard on seals in the cummins, but prolly all older stuff.

hey pac, love the ol clarks. i'd put her ta work. cummins or jimmy in that one?

Last edited:
I like that 518 Cat. Been around a few of em. If thats a cummins in Bitz's machine it would have a Bosch pump either inline or rotory pump. Im not sure if they have O-ring seals for the throttle shaft or a regular seal or no seal at all. I have never had one apart. I have had a few CAV and stanadine pumps apart.

the 666 pulls good, use it mostly to pull start the d7 and d8's when the pony's are acting up.

Here's a 540d I did some work on a while back it has some seriously wide rubber on it and my td8 with shiney blade syndrome lol.

looks like your pulling a good turn there keen, I like the jd fairlead. don't feel bad, I have a 540a fairlead on a 664 clark. logger engineering :laugh:

Yep lol whatever works, just a need to slap some paint on it and nobody will know.

Back