The Skidder Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like 23.1 x 26 to me, very common on the 540D. Nice middle of the road rubber, good float, OK in deep snow, stable on a side-hill. But tough on axles and steering.
Those tall 34" tires are what you want for deep snow and rocks / stumps...and mud. But don't try turning around on a side-hill.

One of these with Eco-Tracks on it would be unstoppable. I wonder what the MSRP is?

[video=youtube;Bb5iVWDdjNU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb5iVWDdjNU[/video]

Has anyone here seen or owned a Case skidder? I found one today and totally forgot to snap some pics ... I will get some soon.

It looked like only a case could look... ugly as sin ... driptroit , clark trans and eaton axles and a carco winch.

glad to see the clarks, prolly my favorite. One uncle has a 666c, i have a 666 and 664 b models.
Smoothest winch i ever seen and don't give any trouble. What motor ya got there? Mine are both 53 detroits, 4&3

353n

yep, know the 353 well. mines blown now, pulled a piston apart. waiting for her turn in shop.

Mine sittin broke too. Blower gears stripped out. Put in new blower without finding the cause first. Moverld the skidder 30' and the blower gears stripped out again. Been sittin for a few years now. I'll fix it someday.

View attachment 296561View attachment 296562

clark 664b and international s8b, awaiting their turn in the shop. and in the checkbook.

I was talking with a fellow logger who is using a S10 grapple skidder every day. My great uncle who I work for started out with a S7 he bought as a basket case and rebuilt it in the early '70's. The 'ol gal is long gone unfortunatley

benoit? that's a new one on me. nhl you mean accessory drive gears busted or blower drive shaft?

No blower shaft on my 353. Probably something else broke in the timing gears. Haven't got the motor out to look yet.

Back