The stump Tom Hall thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still waiting for an answer about the trans-nueter valve on the end of the threaded nipple t-trap union on a 087 stihl? How frequently should it be serviced?

o eighty what, never heard of a 087 Stihl, might be why your still waiting,hehe

I had a nightmare last night. I dreamed I was working, in the farking garden section no less, and a smart assed old man came up to me. He said he was looking for a chainsaw with really neat fuel and oil caps, and that his buddy had one. Then he described the Stihl flippy caps. I told him what brand saw they were on and that they were junk, and he started laughing and showing his teeth. It was a really weird dream.

I had a nightmare last night. I dreamed I was working, in the farking garden section no less, and a smart assed old man came up to me. He said he was looking for a chainsaw with really neat fuel and oil caps, and that his buddy had one. Then he described the Stihl flippy caps. I told him what brand saw they were on and that they were junk, and he started laughing and showing his teeth. It was a really weird dream.

Spacey,

No dream! You were juiced up on something. I'll slap you silly if you do that to me again. I especially like the part:
I had a nightmare last night. I dreamed I was working. It was a really weird dream.

Oh, I found the Stihl shop and am very happy,

Joat

Spacey,

No dream! You were juiced up on something. I'll slap you silly if you do that to me again. I especially like the part:

Oh, I found the Stihl shop and am very happy,

Joat

Why were you showing your teeth and drooling like a moron? :cheers:

Better watch yourself, you ain't in Kansas anymore teacherdude.

He's not watching himself ya big dummy, he's watching you, whats Kansas got to do with anything,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Though im sure it isn't likely to stump Tom, at least in the plane or reality, I shall try.
I think this is more of a math problem.........
Given proper scheduled maintenance and fresh fuel, how main Wild things would you need to buy to cut the same volume of the same wood in the expected lifetime of a comparable Stihl, perhaps an MS 230 or 250.

You had a dream too, while I'll be dayummm, so did I.

I laid my head on my pillow and my eye's did close.
In the middle of my dream a smell came up my nose.

I awoke and looked up in the sky and what did I see,
I saw that crazy guy Spacemule looking down at me.

I pulled up my rocket launcher and I took aim on his head,
I pulled the trigger and shot poor ole Spacemule dead.

He fell out the sky and landed piece by peice,
As I watch all the parts fall I thought how neat.

I got my ole shovel and dug me a big hole,
I toss in all of Spaces' parts cept for his soul.

I went on back to bed with a big grin on my face,
Knowing that would be the end of good ole Space.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
:monkey:

Hmm... wish that were true, cause I'd be in Arkansas if I weren't here at work.

Hey Space, just out of curiosity, what kind of saw/s do you run?

Currently, I have no need to run a saw. I do own a Husky 394 and a Stihl 034 though. I've ran a lot of Sachs Dolmars years ago.

You had a dream too, while I'll be dayummm, so did I.

I laid my head on my pillow and my eye's did close.
In the middle of my dream a smell came up my nose.

I awoke and looked up in the sky and what did I see,
I saw that crazy guy Spacemule looking down at me.

I pulled up my rocket launcher and I took aim on his head,
I pulled the trigger and shot poor ole Spacemule dead.

He fell out the sky and landed piece by peice,
As I watch all the parts fall I thougt how neat.

I got my ole shovel and dug me a big hole,
I toss in all of Spaces' parts cept for his soul.

I went on back to bed with a big grin on my face,
Knowing that would be the end ole good ole Space.

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Into his house, quiet I crept.
When altering senses, I'm very adept.

I dangled a dead mouse
from the end of a string,
and said loudly "Husky, rules with a sting!"

Ole Tom grumbled loudly
and continued his snoring,
while reaching and strangling
the dead mouse still dangling.

He muttered "Hey fool!
I'm charging you triple
Avast you! Don't hurt me, I'm sick!"
And the mouse started bleeding
on the blood Tom was feeding.

FS250 hot start problem.

My 250s have a hot start problem, I let em warm up and i let them idle for a bit before shutting them off, But sometimes when they are hot/warm the Primer pump wont pull any fuel through.

New filters fitted, Ive tested the tank breather and they are fine.

The only thing that works is to use the other srtimmer intul it cools down and then the primers will work again and they will start.

And yes the tanks are full of nice fresh mix, Cold they will start in the morning with ONE pull!

Though im sure it isn't likely to stump Tom, at least in the plane or reality, I shall try.
I think this is more of a math problem.........
Given proper scheduled maintenance and fresh fuel, how main Wild things would you need to buy to cut the same volume of the same wood in the expected lifetime of a comparable Stihl, perhaps an MS 230 or 250.

With with good maintenace, fresh fuel the 230,230 Stihls will run over a 1000hours before cylinder wear becomes a compression issue. The Wild Thing may go 300-400 hours before cylinder wear becomes a compression issue due to the lack of cylinder coating at manufacture. So one 230,250 should outlast 3 Wild Things with ease.

With with good maintenace, fresh fuel the 230,230 Stihls will run over a 1000hours before cylinder wear becomes a compression issue. The Wild Thing may go 300-400 hours before cylinder wear becomes a compression issue due to the lack of cylinder coating at manufacture. So one 230,250 should outlast 3 Wild Things with ease.

So, you're saying to a 5 hour per year user, the difference is moot. :)

Latest posts

Back