The Ultimate Wood gathering tool (kinda)!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been meaning to ask...what is a troll/trolling? Can only guess it's someone posting in hopes of getting replies? Kinda how I keep looking to see if anyone has responded to a post I'm interested in...like multiple times a day...am I a troll?!?!

Over on the climbing forum I used to frequent; trolling is when someone posts a pointless topic with ill-intentions just get folks to reply to it. They usually post something that seems serious but in hindsight the folks who will reply end up realizing they've been dupped into wasting their time posting on something that was a complete joke in the first place.

size-chart.gif

I didn't know this is what a pickaroon was!

Good guess! Maybe we'll here the actual answer someday. And who says a girlfriend will help with wrist problems. Only a good girlfriend will help with that!

It's an ink pen used to write a check for paying someone to unload, split and stack your wood because your to lazy to do it.:greenchainsaw:

Pulp hooks AKA hay hooks work just fine in old punky hardwoods or in softwoods, try to slap one into a nice fresh piece of oak or maple, and you will find the limitation of that thing!

Pulp hooks AKA hay hooks work just fine in old punky hardwoods or in softwoods, try to slap one into a nice fresh piece of oak or maple, and you will find the limitation of that thing!

I cut a load yesterday green oak,maple,birch,hemlock and spruce it worked great in all types ,the only limit I found was the size of wood I could lift not the type .
From the pictures I've seen hay hooks are a little than pulp hooks .

:cheers:

This is the one I have

Gee Dan from Can: you gotta stop the c$$k teasing. :( The boys get some restless here. So, you discovered the Joys Of Pulp Hooking....great. Thanks for sharing. Now most of us will go back to using it.................:buttkick:

Next time, show and tell kinda like Monty Python ? ( Insert Lumberjack Song here ):clap:

The tip on the one I use all the time will go right into dry blue beach,
hook2.jpg
I hope the pics show the shape of it.
hook1.jpg
An old hay hook just isn't going to cut it here. I don't use it for firewood, but around the mill it works great. A 16 ft oak 2x12 can be slid right off the pile, without trying to get your fingers smashed under it.

Yup, you sure will be happy with that log hook and sing songs of praise when you miss the log and stick that thing in your leg!
It has happened!!!
Now, a good hand log tong is a whole different story. That is the ultimate gathering tool in my opinion. :)

it's a wood hoe

WOOD HOE?WHERE?PICS PLEASE!
Last time I called the wife a wood hoe.........
well, lets just say it was an unpleasant experience........and painful.
Ever been to the ER to have a chain sleeve removed from your A$$?

Latest posts

Back