The Ultimate Wood gathering tool (kinda)!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apologize. This ole farmboy has only seen the standard issue round stock hay hook.

I see now that there are some pretty specialized hooks out there, and may have to try one out.

Jeez, I knew it all 20 years ago and I'm still learning...

Steve

i always thought that wood hooks were for whimpy city folk, till this week end i used one and love it, wont go to the woods again with out one.

it's a wood hoe

I went to this party once and there was a wood hoe there and.....

Actually, sorry guys, the restraining order states that I cannot talk about her for another 15 months.

Tell you the rest of the story then..

Came to this thread too late. I figured it out after about 1.5 pages.

Mine cost me all of $3 and lives in the back of the truck and has been a reliable firewood companion for years. It'll put a handle onto anything I want to load up.

It'll also do you good if you're without a cant dog and need to roll a log. Within reason, that is.

i always thought that wood hooks were for whimpy city folk, till this week end i used one and love it, wont go to the woods again with out one.

See , I told you that those who knew how well it worked kept this tool a secret but I spotted it in some of AS member pictures and had to try one , now the cats out of the bag .:laugh: :laugh:

Back