The unofficial Mac 10-10 thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a clean looking older model.

One day I will get busy on the 10-10 pile and make up a few runners. I have one NOS cylinder/crank case but I'm still looking for a stock piston (69212) to make one like new again.

I do have a pretty good selection of saws to pull from to try and end up with a few variations on the shelf. I have one very early one that runs, as well as 2 or 3 of the 10-10S variety. Just need a few others to fill in the middle. I may even have a PM 10-10 up in the attic as the foundation for a project.

Mark

Do you have a source for parts for 10-10s? I need a piston and ring for one I bought off the AS trading-post a couple weeks ago.

Thanks!

That is a looker there 1-52! How do you like the forester bar? I have never tried one. Are they solid, or laminated?

Sorry it took a long time to reply I don't use it that much they seem to be good bars a got one for 044 nothing to complain about.

Okay, now it's getting a little exciting. After getting the 10-10A gassed tonight and realizing the starter recoil was acting up I took it apart and rescrewed it together, wound it tight and then was able to pull it over and get it to run for a few seconds at a time. It was about 855pm so will work on tuning it tomorrow night and hopefully all will be good. Have to brush up on the service manual to see where I need to start from and work to with settings but it really seemed to want to run so look out neighbors here we come:chainsawguy:

A buddy found a 10-10S in the junk pile and brought it down for me to look at.

Appears to be the original 16" bar.

I got it to run, but it needs some work.

Sounds good though.

Missing chain brake and handle is the main problem with it.

Had a notion to make him an offer on it, but I need it like I do a hole in my head......

Pictures to follow later. :)

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Here it is! :)

Complete with Briggs and Stratton starter handle! :)

The diaphragm is a little stiff, I didn't know whether it would pump or not. Could stand a new one, but this one did work.

But got the carb cleaned, assembled and reinstalled.

Seems to run on the high side okay for what little bit I ran it, but not idling really well. Will have to adjust on it me thinks.

No scoring on the intake, but no hatching either. The compression release isn't working either. Needs some cleaning and the correct sized fuel line, as what is on there is too small. Oiler needs checked too.

Gonna clean it up, pull the muff and have a peek also. Might run a compression check on it too, because....

As CAD would dictate....

I wondered what he'd take for it.

I'd have to get a chain brake for it though...

It would be a tweener saw for me, but might be fun to run every once in a while, for the right price of course...

Okay. Reset carb to one turn out for h & L. Now no joy. Carb settings? Which one controls idle? One to the left of the H L? Any help appreciated. Trying to get it done and back to my friend.

Sent on the fly.

Didn't put a kit in it yet. Cleaned it and it was popping over but not running. Reset the screws to 1 turn out and now no pop.

Probably flooded now. Clean and rebuild the carb. K-10SDC kit.

Thanks for the kit#. I'll get it with some other parts this weekend and give it a go. I don't have good luck with carbs. Guess I'll have to make it a focus for a while to get over it.

Sent on the fly.

... a very nice Pro Mac 10-10. Has original 16" bar on it. I might flip it or keep it; got a Pro Mac 20" bar for it so it'll go well with my plans for my PM700 & PM800.

GEDC0499.jpg

GEDC0502.jpg

Just got give one just like this.Pro Mac 10-10 serial number 12-160194.Real clean little saw with a starter recoil issue.A little cement rash on the base but not bad at all.Pulled the recoil cover got it rewound,lasted several pulls till it was back where it started.But,no apparent spark with my small engine spark tester,125# compression with my weedeaterman comp tester and when I took off the cover...no air filter.Thought it may have made a nice counter piece to my 55 Remington but it seems to be parts,nice parts but GTG trade material maybe?

Last edited:
Where are all these great looking 10-10's coming from? I always find ones trashed and have to rebuild them! nice saws guys:clap:

I got this one a year or two ago on here from mattinky for about $50 shipped, if I remember correctly. It just needed a little carb attention. The bar cover came from a different saw. I'm down to 3 of the 5 10-10's I had, this one will be staying.

What's the quick and dirty on how to fix the recoil starters on these things?

What's the quick and dirty on how to fix the recoil starters on these things?

Disassemble .... make sure everything is clean and dry .... if you don't have the slot with the brass bushing, then make sure you have both of the white plastic inserts .... reassemble and sprinkle some powdered graphite (pencils lead shavings) in the spring .... then you're good to go.

About :30 round-trip.

:cheers:

Back