Think I need a smaller saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gregz

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Went by the GF's farm today,had to cut up a small hedge tree from storm damage. I grabbed the 66, kind of overkill, time for a little limbin saw. Might have to go check out the mighty 361.
z1002.jpg

z1004.jpg

Last edited:
:agree2:

Had a cowman one time tell me, that if I ever thought about getting in sheep
that the best thing to do, was to just take a nap until the thought passed. :hmm3grin2orange:

Hey you always want the 66 or something of similer size when working at your GFs place. The reason is simple you want everyone to know its your truff and dont come around. Hey if it was me i grab that saw to but for now the 26 has to do
hhahhahah

Just read you have a vette good for you Midyears rock what color?

Last edited:
i will see your 361 and throw in a 880 and a 660
Realy those are two very nice cars

Went by the GF's farm today,had to cut up a small hedge tree from storm damage. I grabbed the 66, kind of overkill, time for a little limbin saw. Might have to go check out the mighty 361. ....

Most likely the perfect companion for the 66.....:clap: :clap:

Last edited:
That 660 looks brand new but your chain looks like it is pulling a bit to the right. What kind of sheep are in your flock? Look a bit like a Jacobs cross. Guard Llamas are a great addition to any herd. Do you have a lot of problems with predators in your area?

That 660 looks brand new but your chain looks like it is pulling a bit to the right. What kind of sheep are in your flock? Look a bit like a Jacobs cross. Guard Llamas are a great addition to any herd. Do you have a lot of problems with predators in your area?

Yup, 8 Jacob sheep,2 lama's 3 dogs ,cats ,cayotes,deer ,beaver in the creek. a real zoo
saw is fine ,just awkward cutting
Cheers
gregz

Went by the GF's farm today,had to cut up a small hedge tree from storm damage. I grabbed the 66, kind of overkill, time for a little limbin saw. Might have to go check out the mighty 361.
z1002.jpg

z1004.jpg

Just get a 16" bar to throw on the 066 for when ya get the smaller stuff...cheaper than buying another saw:D:greenchainsaw:

Just get a 16" bar to throw on the 066 for when ya get the smaller stuff...cheaper than buying another saw:D:greenchainsaw:

A smaller saw is probably in order, but I do agree with you in that we sometimes forget the weight of the bar. An 066 with a 28" bar is A LOT heavier than a 361 with an 18" bar. Put an 18" bar on an 066, and there really ain't that much difference.

Just being Captain Obvious here.

If I had an 066 and wanted a smaller saw - I would probably go a bit smaller than the 361 and get a 260. They are nice and nimble and cut very well until the wood is 8-10" - unless you cut a lot of big wood you might end up cutting with it more than the 066.

Hey Gregz, while the saw may be a 66, the car isn't-- it's a '65.:)
(As for your dad's, I can't tell from this angle).

-Eric

it say's it's a 65 in his signature. not very observant. nice car nonetheless though. greg i've never seen the red light, could you post a pic of it please.

Back