Thinking of switching to Husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
top handle no idea, you apparently already have best in breed. Try a 441mtronic (self tuning, smooth as silk), and clean air filters and normal air blasting clean maintenance and sharp chains.

Like the others asked, what exactly is happening that you wear out multiple saws all the time? Any saw will self destruct early if pushed beyond design parameters and run too hot all the time.

Are you getting like two years hard daily commercial service out of them before rebuild or replacement? Thats only a buck a day for major equipment ownership. I dont think any brand is gonna do any better really.

Are you running high test non ethanol fuel, or ethanol contaminated fuel, likely low test cheap stuff? That will make a difference....

I see it has the color scheme of the 562. Nice, but still reminds me of an expensive pair of sneakers:hmm3grin2orange:

What's with the numbering system? Was a little disappointed it ain't 54cc:yoyo::yoyo:

With 200Ts fetching up to $1000, lets hope he's right and not just waving his Hoosvarna flag eh?

372xps are hard to beat i like the 576 also. All the husky top handles are turds. Wont hold up half as long as a 200t. All the top handles now are kind of dissapointing have to pick the one that sucks the least.

I got a 576XP AT in not too long ago. It had been hit by a truck. Replaced parts as needed after cleaning up .... ran like a champ. Tested it out and immediately put my nice 371XP on the 'For Sale' shelf. I really like it! :msp_wub:

I am going out on a limb here but where all the saws tuned right???? which plays a HUGE role on how long they will last,, if you are running them the way the factory tunes them then that is the problem,, they come out of the factory way to lean,, most all dealers will not take the limiters off to tune then properly,, they will only tune them to the limits of the limiters and then hope you smoke it so they can sell you another saw,, every saw I have done was lean,,, you have to pull the limiters to fatten them up

pgg has always liked the 338XPT and preferred it to the MS200. I went looking for a thread/post and noticed he's been pinged again.

So has rbtree, that is a very reliable Source on the subject of top-handles (not the "pinged" part)! :msp_wink:

"immediately" ?
Hitting the PBR at the time?

Good morning, Richard!

Well, maybe 'immediately' is an exaggeration. Probably more like " ... :10 after arriving home from my buddy's place .."

Picked up the PBR supply on that way home from the buddy's place .... :msp_rolleyes:

It surely smells a bit "fishy" - lack of maintenance may be a factor here? :msp_unsure:

Wow, that was a shock. OP opened the door for some stihl bashing and SawTroll did not take it? You felling ok? :cheers:

Pics of all those fallen apart saws or they don't exist...

These saws have a striking resemblance to Manti Te'o s girlfriend.

No trolling here. The last MS200T to die had a muffler that kept getting loose. Dealer fixed it but it got loose again and the screws were lost. I brought it it again and he gave it back in pieces and said the cylinder was bad and it unrepairable. The 441 started making a clunking sound and now won't start. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet. Most of the time that my 440s break, the dealer says the cylinder is bad. On one of my newest 440s, the clutch bearing or the clutch failed resulting in replacement of all of the clutch parts. That saw was only a month old so Stihl covered all but $40 of the bill.

I run premium fuel with Stihl mix oil. There is nowhere to get ethanol free fuel around here.

How do I tune a 440 so it doesn't run so lean? Will the dealer do it if I ask or are they required to follow Stihl's guidelines?

Last edited:
Good morning, Richard!

Well, maybe 'immediately' is an exaggeration. Probably more like " ... :10 after arriving home from my buddy's place .."

Picked up the PBR supply on that way home from the buddy's place .... :msp_rolleyes:
McCulloch and PBR logos, a man after my own heart.:msp_wub:

Back