Thinking of switching to Husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was trying to post some pictures in another thread and I had to edit it several times. That gave me negative credit even though I've been a member here since 2003.

Now I see why. 2003 is an odd number. Answered.

I am getting tired of replacing my 200Ts and 441 due to the engines falling apart. I recently bought two of the last MS 440s that my dealer had but I will soon need to replace them. I want to give Husky a try because I have never owned one and they seem to have a good reputation. I've owned nothing but Stihls for the last 25 years and have quite a graveyard of saws built up. What should I get that is comparable to the MS200T and MS440? Are there better models coming out that I should wait for?

Do you have a 441 or 440? just trying to get this right? You say your 200ts and 441 are falling apart .

No trolling here. The last MS200T to die had a muffler that kept getting loose. Dealer fixed it but it got loose again and the screws were lost. I brought it it again and he gave it back in pieces and said the cylinder was bad and it unrepairable. The 441 started making a clunking sound and now won't start. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet. Most of the time that my 440s break, the dealer says the cylinder is bad. On one of my newest 440s, the clutch bearing or the clutch failed resulting in replacement of all of the clutch parts. That saw was only a month old so Stihl covered all but $40 of the bill.

I run premium fuel with Stihl mix oil. There is nowhere to get ethanol free fuel around here.

How do I tune a 440 so it doesn't run so lean? Will the dealer do it if I ask or are they required to follow Stihl's guidelines?

If you are anywhere close to Cecil County, I'd be glad to help you learn how to tune your saws. May even be able to help you put some of those "un-repairable" saws back in commission. Sometimes it really isn't worth the cost of a dealer repairing a saw, but with some quality AM parts, and a little knowledge, it is well worth doing it yourself.

There are some factors that different brand fans throw in each others faces, but unreliability isn't a word that goes in the same sentence with Stihls pro saws. Not bashing any brand, but reliability is actually something that people switching from stihls to huskys complain about. (and love the rest). I'm thinking that's probably because most stihls really can take a beating before falling apart.

If you're burning up p&cs you're probably running your saws to lean, ethanol doesn't help either. If you're running them daily get used to replacing them every 2 years. Its a small 2 stroke, light and revving at 14k rpm in ####ty working conditions, its supposed to wear out with relatively low hrs.

Yeah buddy :rock: You??
Dog man till the day I die, and then some. You on facebook look me up my group is the Alliance of dog men almost two thousand of us, all states in the us, and othere countries. Glad to see that bro, saw your avatar etc, figured as much!

I got a 576XP AT in not too long ago. It had been hit by a truck. Replaced parts as needed after cleaning up .... ran like a champ. Tested it out and immediately put my nice 371XP on the 'For Sale' shelf. I really like it! :msp_wub:
Love the PBR pic bro! Drinking a few as we speak, been my beer of choice in recent times I love it!

Latest posts

Back