this guy scares me

• Thread starter Deleted member 83629
  • Start date
Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watch cutting into the presets or you'll be having the chain fly at you !

What do you fall with?
Choices are:
Ported 372xpw
Ported 064
Ported 562

Take your pick, and drive link count and we'll go from there.
I'll take lower revving powerful saws with 6" bars and small sprockets for a 100 'Alex'...lol
I mainly use ported 372,coast or otherwise. I was using a ported 357 in the north in gas and oil (pipeline & Seismic) I definitely make more money 'busheling' with the little saw
cleaning up after the mulchers, ( high branch trimming, 'fence posting' down leaning limb tied trees from mulchers spray and snag Falling) So lots of high cutting. I figured the 372
was more durable, better clearnces plus keep the muscles up but honestly I break way more things on the 372. Bought a 365 xt to convert back to old style 50 mm dome and bought a new Walbro. Got Two months on the saw now. Droped it 2' on some branches and the trigger lock broke on day two, then same week the on/off broke in two. Yesterday I feel a vibration and its the 90 fitting from the vent completely off the line and jamed, today the carb spring broke on the new carb?? Of course the choke falls out all day long.
If this is the quality of them now then the 357 is way tougher. lot of the guys use the 562 these days for Seismic. Never tried one myself.
Choices are:
Ported 372xpw

Ported 064 :blob2: :yes: :muscle:

Ported 562

That's what I was thinking, something with a little more that what I'm running
Yeah for sure, pretty good lumber comming off that chain in the pic.
Srry but I get a little brain dead by this time of night, definitely a saw maintenance in the hotel tonight. That's my favorite thing to do after work.:nofunny:
^^^that was me 'losing with grace' in the emoticon. What a day.

I'll take lower revving powerful saws with 6" bars and small sprockets for a 100 'Alex'...lol
I mainly use ported 372,coast or otherwise. I was using a ported 357 in the north in gas and oil (pipeline & Seismic) I definitely make more money 'busheling' with the little saw
cleaning up after the mulchers, ( high branch trimming, 'fence posting' down leaning limb tied trees from mulchers spray and snag Falling) So lots of high cutting. I figured the 372
was more durable, better clearnces plus keep the muscles up but honestly I break way more things on the 372. Bought a 365 xt to convert back to old style 50 mm dome and bought a new Walbro. Got Two months on the saw now. Droped it 2' on some branches and the trigger lock broke on day two, then same week the on/off broke in two. Yesterday I feel a vibration and its the 90 fitting from the vent completely off the line and jamed, today the carb spring broke on the new carb?? Of course the choke falls out all day long.
If this is the quality of them now then the 357 is way tougher. lot of the guys use the 562 these days for Seismic. Never tried one myself.

Srry but I get a little brain dead by this time of night, definitely a saw maintenance in the hotel tonight. That's my favorite thing to do after work.:nofunny:

despite all this, you still can't run a stihl. i'm with ya there buddy lol. i helped my buddy verne with a few big cedars on stone island today and we were talking about this very thing. more in particular the bearing issues of the 385/390 (he's got 2 with a spun PTO main. i'll be fixing his within this week) but we both agreed it won't have us going to stihl. blocky things after running a husky. don't mind the 046. can't say i've had those problems so soon on a husky though. usually takes alot of use before the choke lever starts falling out of the choke shaft eyelet. then, all it takes is to replace the lever to tighten it up. had to do that many times. not even sure if i ever broke a trigger lock. those damn kill switches could break today, tomorrow, heck, they could break 15 min after you replace them. the vent likely doesn't fit the tank snug enough. a new vent won't fix it, i wrap a piece of teflon tape on the cone end so it fits really tight in the tank.

Lemme know soon ........... and I can get a round filed one done in time too, then I can really see where yours is at.

Hey I though you were on a break lol, was that you trying to discipline yourself or your 'higher power' lol. You know you can quit receiving alerts you know. *shakes head* I'm waiting for the '460 ' AV ?? The cranks must be soft in the 390's they wear groves at the seal and thats the end of it. Is it ever warm up here,and no snow left. It's nice or I'd be soaked. Had it out with my supervisor and the client push this morning after safely meeting over snags. He checked our work yesterday and told my supervisor he wanted way more snagging, so I got the push to agree with me as I told him we are both Danger Tree Assessors, with wildland fire and Harvesting & Silviculcure under BC and said its becoming more and more eccepted in gas and oil due to the much increased amout from the MPB epidemic.
and if they are so dangerous then why am I going to stand up to my waist soon after the mulchers smashed through all that blow down and standing forest with ear protected slamming trees on blow down with my back turned to 500 of them I said..lol then I said what if we never ever fell one danger tree?? I said "sure play the game of numbers and eventually someone will get hurt or killed but how many fallers get hurt or killed in that time? He nods in agreement, so now he's got reason to do the minimal. maybe thinking liability?
but my supervisor kept saying fall EVERYTHING that comes in reach of the line (work area) after Dale said we could do the necessary only? Anyway my supervisor stormed off and said he didn't have time for this ****??? Lol He actually thinks we could possibly cut that on their kilometer rate?

Send whatever...
We'll hook you up.
The 562 isn't one to overlook..
It'll save a man its value in fuel before it lays down..
Provided you don't need something bigger..
Husky has the performance built into that one.
Longevity is yet to be determined..
No vibes either...
Just lemme know what ya thinkin.

Hey I though you were on a break lol, was that you trying to discipline yourself or your 'higher power' lol. You know you can quit receiving alerts you know. *shakes head* I'm waiting for the '460 ' AV ?? The cranks must be soft in the 390's they wear groves at the seal and thats the end of it. Is it ever warm up here,and no snow left. It's nice or I'd be soaked. Had it out with my supervisor and the client push this morning after safely meeting over snags. He checked our work yesterday and told my supervisor he wanted way more snagging, so I got the push to agree with me as I told him we are both Danger Tree Assessors, with wildland fire and Harvesting & Silviculcure under BC and said its becoming more and more eccepted in gas and oil due to the much increased amout from the MPB epidemic.
and if they are so dangerous then why am I going to stand up to my waist soon after the mulchers smashed through all that blow down and standing forest with ear protected slamming trees on blow down with my back turned to 500 of them I said..lol then I said what if we never ever fell one danger tree?? I said "sure play the game of numbers and eventually someone will get hurt or killed but how many fallers get hurt or killed in that time? He nods in agreement, so now he's got reason to do the minimal. maybe thinking liability?
but my supervisor kept saying fall EVERYTHING that comes in reach of the line (work area) after Dale said we could do the necessary only? Anyway my supervisor stormed off and said he didn't have time for this ****??? Lol He actually thinks we could possibly cut that on their kilometer rate?

never seen a 390 wear a groove at the seal. in fact, the PTO seal is integrated into the bearing and doesn't even touch the shaft lol. the 390 crank is essentially a 372 crank but with a longer stroke. there is something going on with them though and it pisses me off. the PTO bearing just needs to be more of an interference fit and all problems would be solved. wish they designed it like the 372 :( what you getting for a KM rate?

Yeah they seem like they have got the many bugs out of them these days.
The thing is its always better to have at least two of the same and keep your gear compatible. I also can't guarantee I wouldn't like more power too so I'd end up bringing three saws. Who knows?
The 372 ported is good everywere.
I do miss the little ported saws, they have made me a pile of money doing this.

Yeah they seem like they have got the many bugs out of them these days.
The thing is its always better to have at least two of the same and keep your gear compatible. I also can't guarantee I wouldn't like more power too so I'd end up bringing three saws. Who knows?
The 372 ported is good everywere.
I do miss the little ported saws, they have made me a pile of money doing this.

i got 4 385/390's, only reason why is because my buddy verne (who works for the same crew i'm getting in with first week of january) gave me the compatibility talk and says it's nice to have 2 sets of 2 as there are many time they work 2 places at once. they do this to not lose days apparently. you got alot of wind and fog at one place and they might go to the other place if it is clear. keeping saws at both places guarantees a guy work . that's what i'm aiming for. i like the 372's too. i only like the bigger saws for the bigger wood. 372's seem alot more reliable. i got a 372 and a 576 for second growth. 562 for firewood. what kinda wood you cutting up there?

That's what my Mechanic bud was saying. We were just talking about it again the other day as a almost bought one for $400 out of the pawn shop that looked in good shape. Leaking at the seal fue to crank wear. I'll ask him again but definitely he has had all kinds doing the same thing. Wearing. I'll post it here.

Ok.. 60DL .050 run on an 064 in fresh pine 8x8.. We can do that.
Done !!
I should have time to get a round filed in there too.
I will send you some cabbage along with my $100 wager to cover fuel and oil ........... and for the ride back.
Thank You Hedge !!
Will you be able to video it ?

Best of luck to you Jamie .......... will you get your chains to Hedge in time for this weekend ?

Latest posts

Back