This is why you buy a decent Stihl (250) and NOT a POS saw.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW..Don't even start about the Husky being a better saw or the 250 being gutless. Im not interested in buying a husky from Home Depot nor a larger saw that would wear me out and make me tired and reckless. I get everything I need with the saw and the dealer.

Thats good,Because Home depot doesn't sell Husqvara's:greenchainsaw:

I've been a hard core Stihl guy all my life, but I going to try out a 346xp, went to a dealer yesterday and they were out, he supposed to call when they arrive.

Kicka$$ saw, trust me on this one! I have a really nice 026, and the 346xp leaves it for dead!:chainsaw:

I'm an equal opportunity chainsaw $lut:) and and have Dolmar/Makitas, Husqvarnas, Echos and Stihls. Each company has its weak and strong products, and markets.

My gutless little toy

Here's a small part of the work my 250 has helped me with.

attachment.php

hmph

That's cool, I knew what ya meant. Bad dealers really put a bad rep on great brands. All of the dealers here, reguardless of brand, are kool to talk too and will give real good help when asked.:clap:

Too bad they aren't here. Other day I went into a typical husky dealer in the plattsburgh, ny area... They told me to buy a new cylinder. 3 hours later, my 288 was running better than it did the day I got it... There's alot of dumbass dealers out there. You just have to pick and choose. Our society in general throws away way too much, simply because of laziness and stupidity. I spent $40 to get my cylinder in order and about 2 hours time researching and doing it. Orrrr, I could've spent $200 that would've made the dealer very happy. Next time you buy a truck, instead of a 1/2 ton, piss on it, just go buy a $200k dumptruck instead. Makes sense right? lmao

I guess when your a lawyer and get to spend stolen money all the time from other people, price is no object... hehehehehehehe

:cheers:

If you wanted a real saw, you should have bought a Husqvarna 372 or a Dolmar 7900. :)

Those 250's are a gutless toy.

if it does what he asks of it and hes happy, then it works well for him... not everyone needs/wants/can handle a big powerful pro saw..

BTW..Don't even start about the Husky being a better saw or the 250 being gutless. Im not interested in buying a husky from Home Depot nor a larger saw that would wear me out and make me tired and reckless. I get everything I need with the saw and the dealer.

No.

Why are you not interested in buying a Husky from a local full service Husky dealer?

While I don't understand all of the rant, I agree the 250 is a great little saw. I wish I would have been smarter to buy ANY good saw years ago, instead fighting box store saws to do more work than they were built for.

Sometims you don't get the breaks (or bakcgrond) for a decision.

I was lucky, I got to run Homeolights and Macs for years, and would have taken a Homelight over a Mac any day of the week.

However, I got on with a surveing crew that was using Stihls and thought I had died and gone to heaven. All the relaiblity of the Homeolight, a hell of a lot lighter, and it outcut it two or three to one.

Once I knew I needed a good saw, I checked wiht my two brohters that had both bought Sithls and verified they had thsoe qulaites stihl.

It prety kmuch came down to a choide of a MS250 or the MS270. While the price was not huge, I figured if I was that close to the edge, I would go with the someaht larger saw and ensure I had enoguth. Bar lenght can always be ajdusted to meet the mission (I did not antipaite any brushing, but if it comes to that I can add two inches).

The MS280 was a bit jump, (jnad I don't know if we disuces the 290)

It turns out the MS270/280 are the latest generation saws, more semi pro than the older 290-310 series.

No regrets, the MS270 has taken on anything I have asked it to do.

And while I look and drool over the rest of the lineup, I have no intention of buying another saw. This one looks to do the mission for the next 10 years or longer, and I like that (and so does the pocket book as it needed to pay for itself which it did in a couple of months, and its all cash in the bank now)

Great Thread!

Awesome encouragement for me - I just bought an MS250 yesterday!

I was torn between that, the 270 and the 290... Really it was the dealer who gently guided me to the lower end 250 - based on my intended use. I think he was trying to save me money so I would spring for the snow blower that I was / am drooling over.

Today I started the 250 and listened to it for only a few seconds... still haven't cut anything. Sunday I will prolly go out and start the clean-up from December's Ice Storm.

Here is a pic of my helper. He is a strong proponent of PPE - especially hearing protection. We will definitely suit up proper before we go out. :)

I bought chaps and a headguard (helmet, shield, earcovers all-in-one) from Labonville... Great store. Great service.

Can't wait to get cuttin'! My old MucLuck will hopefully live on as a parts saw for someone... Eager Beaver 600132B __ 11-019001 Any takers?

-Bearsfeat

Have fun, MS250 was on my short list, but it seemed "just rihgt" and I wnated to be past that.

Let us know.

Me, I hated Macs with a passion. Always a huge fight to get them started, though they cut like crazy once you did.

Posting a pic of your kid with an inferior saw........puhhhlease....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Looks like a nice photo to me!

AOD? Does that stand for "Arrogant On Demand"? :greenchainsaw:

Congrats Smoker!!

Give it a few break in tanks of gas and she starts to work pretty good for you. Its not a pro saw (Nor the Husky kind that guys seem to hump while they are not cutting wood)

I did opt to modify the muffler on this saw and it really helped to open her up a bit. Good Luck

Thats good,Because Home depot doesn't sell Husqvara's:greenchainsaw:

Correct. You gotta go across the parking lot to the professional chain saw store, Lowes. Yep they are the chain saw experts there for sure.

This thread is a great illustrator that there is a spectrum of saws and saw users. While the OP is happy with his purchase I would consider my MS250 to be a POS. I only ended up with it as part of a deal for my Poulan 4000 and have only run it a couple of times. Not a knock on Stihl (I have a bunch of them from a 009 up to a couple of 056's) but not the saw for me.

Back