This might sound hard to believe!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What did you do to mod your 250?

I own both 359 & 250 and love them both. I've been considering modding my 025 and I'm just wondering what you did & how much it improved. By the way, I would recommend switching to a 16" or 18" bar on the 359. Mine runs both really well but the 16" is really nice and handy.

MS 250 muffler mod

I pulled off the muffler and the exhaust hole was a 3\8 drill size opening so I drilled it to 1\2 hole maybe a little larger then pryed open the louvers a little on all of them. Then I blew out all the metal flakes in the muffler so it would be clean of debris. I also backed out the high speed jet till it hit the limiter caps about a 1\4 turn and it seems to be running just right. It is a little louder but made the saw much more responsive and seems to run more rpms. I run my ms250 with a 16" bar and .325 RS chain.

Those huskys are the most overhyped POS saws I have ever used!!!

Dam you must of smoked something special on your lunch!!

Heck I will put my 345-e up against your 250, and I bet I win.

Maybe I will put a 16" bar and a big sproket on my 394xp and we can run em, if huskys are that bad then mine probably wont even run and then you will win the race probably.

I pulled off the muffler and the exhaust hole was a 3\8 drill size opening so I drilled it to 1\2 hole maybe a little larger then pryed open the louvers a little on all of them. Then I blew out all the metal flakes in the muffler so it would be clean of debris. I also backed out the high speed jet till it hit the limiter caps about a 1\4 turn and it seems to be running just right. It is a little louder but made the saw much more responsive and seems to run more rpms. I run my ms250 with a 16" bar and .325 RS chain.

And that beat a 359..............not a good 359!!!

Last edited:
Better than a stock MS250!!!

You ever run either one???

Sure it is, and yes......:greenchainsaw:

That's why I dislike the MS250.......

...never ran an E-tech 359 (or any 359 - don't care to, because of the mediocre specs - they cost more than a MS361 here) - they offer the E-tech here, but "no-one" buy them, unless they are insane, as they are also offered without the E-tech.

Last edited:

And that beat a 359..............not a good 359!!!

No, but an unmodded 359 E-tech isn't a good 359, is it........;)

Better than a stock MS250!!!

You ever run either one???

Sure it is, and yes......:greenchainsaw:

That's why I dislike the MS250.......

Better to ask what you like rather than what you dislike............read up before you answer!!!:chainsaw:

Last edited:
Try taking it outa town I know of a shelby stang that will give it problems and I would just rather be silly husky than stihl working on it not with it:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Grrrrrrrr...my wife and her little red coke can are coming for you ropensaddle:buttkick: ....and she's packing a 250 in the trunk:chainsaw: :D

Latest posts

Back