Those of you who think the MS362 is too heavy.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knuckles

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
......need to build some muscle and not be such pussies.:lifter:

I got back from using mine for 8hrs and it's far from heavy.

Heck, I even got to try a 361 for a bit and couldn't tell a weight difference, both with 20" bars.

Compared to what some of us learned on the 362 is a "Flyweight"!!!
It IS heavier than a 361 and that surprised me when it came out. I thought it was a step in the WRONG direction.
They do run really well though............almost as good as some of the thirty year old Poulans!!!:D

Mike

Sounds like tough guy needs a bigger saw. Put in your eight hours with this
wb-chainsaw.jpg

Well I hope at 31 you can work all day with the MS362. When I was your age I could, ops, ops, just forget that! At all most twice your age the only way us seniors are going to build muscles is with little Blue pill.

I'll have to agree with moparman that it's just disaapointing to see a saw increase in weight but remain the same saw performance wise. Definitely a step backwards. I run either a 361 or a 440 five days a week and weight does make a diff. . I want every bit of performance out of every ounce of weight I carry !!

specialy since that kinda money is spent on the 61 62s

Well now considering a broken leg, a couple of hernia surgeries, a busted lung, a cracked sternum, old age, and a few heart attacks, I'll leave the heavier saws for you young stout bucks. I hate wearing these pot-bellied shirts. :msp_sad:

It IS heavier than a 361 and that surprised me when it came out. I thought it was a step in the WRONG direction.
They do run really well though............almost as good as some of the thirty year old Poulans!!!:D

Mike

So True, I have owned and run a Sachs Dolmar 133. Only 25 lbs ready to cut, and no decomp.

Run one of those for 8 hours and then brag.:hmm3grin2orange:

after running my uncles 044, My like new 362 is going to be for sale soon and im going to be looking for a 044 without the quick caps

It IS heavier than a 361 and that surprised me when it came out. I thought it was a step in the WRONG direction.They do run really well though............almost as good as some of the thirty year old Poulans!!!:D

Mike

I have to argue that, a little bit. It might be slightly heavier on paper, but in reality you can't tell the difference. Performance wise, it wasn't fair. His 361 is really beat, so of course my saw seemed alot smoother and tighter. I'll report back when I have that many hours on it.

It did seem that my saw was a little better on fuel and I like my air filter / top cover set up better too.

The 361 and 362 are girly saws anyway.:clap:

440 and up is where it's at.

The day I bought my saw, I had a 441 in my hands. But I thought it was too heavy!! :ices_rofl:

Sounds like tough guy needs a bigger saw. Put in your eight hours with this
wb-chainsaw.jpg
bring it on:bringit: LOL

I'm waiting for Sawtroll or The Count to reply. Every time there's a MS362 thread started they jump in about how heavy they are. I simply don't see it. Especially running them side by side yesterday.

Anyway, I'm very happy with my saw. For the amount of cutting I do, it suites me well.

Heck, I even got to try a 361 for a bit and couldn't tell a weight difference, both with 20" bars.

Cookies.jpg

here have a cookie

I used to burn 5-gal of mix a day, cutting cordword with 15-16 lb saws, that had no AV.

You have a 362, gurly man, Waahhhh!!!!

No use in complaining asbout the weight of any saw. Just run what you can handle, and leave the heavy saws to the stronger fellows.

But that said, the lighter the better for me. I can still swing the 660 around all day as good as any. That don't mean I would'nt rather be swinging the 361. :D

Well now considering a broken leg, a couple of hernia surgeries, a busted lung, a cracked sternum, old age, and a few heart attacks, I'll leave the heavier saws for you young stout bucks. I hate wearing these pot-bellied shirts. :msp_sad:

:agree2::agree2: with my health problems too i perfer the lighter saws. i myself would love to be able to run a 440 or even a 660 but can't. i have run several tanks through my 361 and it is a sweet saw. i haven't run a 362 to compare so i can't say if there is any difference. but what it comes down to my 361 is all the saw i need

No use in complaining asbout the weight of any saw. Just run what you can handle, and leave the heavy saws to the stronger fellows.

But that said, the lighter the better for me. I can still swing the 660 around all day as good as any. That don't mean I would'nt rather be swinging the 361. :D

:chainsaw::chainsaw::cheers::cheers::agree2::agree2:

Latest posts

Back