Thoughts and prayers for Tree sling'r (Jasha) who is in surgery.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The original "Lil Sambo's" resturaunt burn't down a few years ago and the new one is just not nearly the same. Just another boring resturant now.

Jasha, you don't know me from a bump on a log, but my thoughts/prayers and well wishes go out to you and especially your family. Sometimes things like this are harder on the ones who love us the most.

Get well and keep everything positive!!

After my hip replacement, the nurse that pulled my catheter thought she was trying to start a vapor locked 880:angry:

I had to have a catheter for 3 days when I was 15. I still have an abnormally large peehole -- I wake my wife up when I pee in the middle of the night! :jester:

I don't mean it as a brag, just a point of reference, but I've broke most every bone in my body from bull riding for 12+ years, that said, I've felt some pain. I was at the hospital for a surgery and they said, okay now we are going to put in the catheter. I said, "Oh, okay what is that?"

She explained .............

I started pulling wires and hoses out and off of me and getting out of bed, they freaked out, I said, there is no way in heck that they were going to stuff something into my peep hole, not going to happen.

The doc came in and said what is the problem.

I said, if they can't just let me pee on myself then I will just live with my ailment, but they are not going put one in and if I find out that they did after surgery (like while I was knocked out), I would damage him personally.

Suddenly they found new technology that would allow the surgery to continue as scheduled it was a "condom" catheter, worked just fine and everyone was happy.

I just made a schedule to whiz, as with the pain medications, you can't tell if you have to pee or not.

Sam

still one in lincoln city, have not eaten there in years.

We ate there on our honeymoon.

I'm pretty sure that salad they served was raised on pain meds, kinda weird and lifeless.:laugh:

Rest of the food was good.

Hilltop Family Restaurant was pretty good, went there several times over the years, but I've heard they shut down.

Pig-N-Pancake was always good, I've ate there more than any other place in Lincoln City I think.

Mr. HE:cool:

I lived in two different decent sized Midwestern cities as a boy in the '60s-'70s, and both had Sambo's Restaurants.

Thoughts & prayers

Jasha, When this thread started I sent prayers & well wishes, but I didn't have a lot of hope for a good outcome. Everything I've read since then has been far better than expected! I think the man upstairs has been flooded with pleas & is listening. Your recent post indicating that muscle re-attachment & then grafting sounds very encouraging! That & the vid of you doing "surgery" on that burning tree reminded me of a story. Here it is:
A young couple were in a serious car accident. The car caught fire, & the wife, a drop-dead beauty, had her face severely burned. The only way she could be helped required extensive skin grafting. Her own skin was too thin, so a donor would be her only hope. Her husband volunteered, but the only place on his body where the skin was considered suitable was on his buttocks. The procedure was done & was so successful she was at least as beautiful, if not more so, than before. After a social gtg with many friends complimenting her on her striking good looks, she was very emotional & told her husband she could never repay him enough for the sacrifice which he made. He replied, "That's OK, I get my reward every time your mother kisses you on the cheek".
If your doctors are as skillful with their work as you are with a chainsaw, things are looking brighter by the minute!
Hang tough. It beats hangin'.

Well , I just got back from the post office and the wouldn't let me send bacon through the mail , I told them it was a matter of life or death and that the recipient was stuck in a vegan commune but they wouldn't budge , I thought about sending you a plain old get well soon card but it might get there in time so here's a nice saw pic to cheer you up .

attachment.php

Well , I just got back from the post office and the wouldn't let me send bacon through the mail , I told them it was a matter of life or death and that the recipient was stuck in a vegan commune but they wouldn't budge , I thought about sending you a plain old get well soon card but it might get there in time so here's a nice saw pic to cheer you up .

attachment.php

Ah man!!! Thanks, that is awesome. Truly a great group on here.

Latest posts

Back